3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat for OSX 64-bit [beta testing]

I have had an ongoing problem with display of the Texture UV Editor window. This problem developed a while ago seemingly at random and effects all versions of 3d-coat for mac. The window appears to have the wrong shaders attached and rolls a texture across it like freeze view.

Deleting and reinstalling hasn't helped. Has anyone else had this problem?

More on this thread http://3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8504

• Advanced Member

The link in this therad was updated just now, so check if you downloaded right version 3.5.23C. I was sure LC stamp should work there.

Yes Andrew, I had the latest build. LC in stamp mode still freezes. One stamp, that's all she wrote.

Any other OSX users experiencing this?

• Advanced Member

@moska

this is happening in the last 2-3 64 bit builds, I'll report it to mantis

@ LorenzoS

I can't reproduce the stamp-LC issue. I missed something?

Though I collected a ton of LC issues so far.

In any case it's in pre-alpha stage so I can't use it for serious work. I can't test it. I even don't understand the need of it.

I do understand a workflow between 3dc and sculptris. An app link is all we need. LOL

So far, the use of LC tool (0 strength) for just adding geometry and reducer tool is all I can do.

3DC devs should have a closer look to sculptris, Andrew especially. The behavior of these few tools matters more than all 3dc tools together.

Remeshing in sculptris is also superior.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello to all 3D_Coat community and thanks Sergyi for bringing us 3D-Coat in 64 bits for OSX.

Works great for me so far, except for one thing (important for me), it seems that the 64 bits version doesn't recognize 3Dconnexion mouse (it worked very well in 32 bits). My graphic tablet, on the other hand, works like a charm.

Should I report it via Mantis ?

I add my hopes for 3Dconnexion.

Just returning after a couple of years and 3Dconnexion was first thing needed....

I'll come back again in hopes of eventually learning this software.

I'm not sure if this helps, but 3D Connexion did put out a new driver/software that allows you to use a 3D Connexion mouse with just about any application. Maybe that will help folks? I'm not certain, just a thought.

Here is the URL:

http://www.3dconnexion.com/supported-software/3dxlabs.html

I add my hopes for 3Dconnexion.

Just returning after a couple of years and 3Dconnexion was first thing needed....

I'll come back again in hopes of eventually learning this software.

Use 3DC from this thread

http://3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6634

This thread's link is no longer updated. 3DC 64 bit should correctly support 3D-Coannexion.