3DCoat Forums

Trees generator

Andrew Shpagin

I've always loved this application.  It's been "out there" for many years, now - and nothing comparable gives you that sense that making a tree is an artistic endeavor where you, not the numbers, are in control of the outcome.  The results are fast and the variations are all quite satisfying.  

Javis suggestions for incorporation into 3D Coat are good ones - especially the "leaf plate" part.

The  3D Coat renderer is now quite good enough to render beautiful nature scenes, so I hope Andrew might take another look at continuing development.

Greg Smith

• Like 1

• Carlosan pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Is not easy, check the folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\3D-Coat-2-trees\Textures\leafs

2-0-composition.dds is the base leaf texture, have been divided into four zones (every zone is a different leaf with alpha)

You need to make a new texture with 4 palmer leaf and assign it on Bilboards at desired branches level.

Same for truck, you need to create and add Bark textures.

Billboards.jpg

• Like 1

• Advanced Member
15 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Is not easy, check the folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\3D-Coat-2-trees\Textures\leafs

2-0-composition.dds is the base leaf texture, have been divided into four zones (every zone is a different leaf with alpha)

You need to make a new texture with 4 palmer leaf and assign it on Bilboards at desired branches level.

Same for truck, you need to create and add Bark textures.

Billboards.jpg

Thank Carlo i will have to try it to see if i can get something interesting out of it!

• Like 1