3DCoat Forums

3DCOAT Manual downloaded File

Voxelman

I am not talking about the Wiki Manual on the site...this one is like that one, only it was much more in depth and had illustrations to go along with it. I had it as a file with my other 3DCOAT downloaded stuff, looked at it afew times...then +poof+, it disappeared.

I no longer have this awesome File reference. :(

Has anyone else seen it and do you know if it is still available to download seperately?

Thanks.

It should be included with any download of 3D-Coat. Try downloading the latest beta version and it should be in the main folder.

If you want the newest, up-to-date version, (not complete yet), here is a link for the first 1/4 of it:

3D-Coat Updated Manual

Greg

Thanks for the help. :good:

I am having trouble downloading, unfortunately...I get:

"The XML Page cannot be displayed cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet".

Still trying to work this one out. :blink:

I downloaded the trial demo again, in the hopes the file I do not have anymore that originally came with the demo the first time I downloaded it would reappear...but it did not :(

Anywho, Thanks for your help and for all the work on the updated version...it is much appreciated. :good:

If you downloaded the latest beta version, (which I just did), that old manual file is right in the main 3D-Coat folder and it is called 3dCoat-manual.pdf.

You must have a .pdf reader application like Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is free. Try opening this file with Acrobat Reader.

Greg Smith

If you downloaded the latest beta version, (which I just did), that old manual file is right in the main 3D-Coat folder and it is called 3dCoat-manual.pdf.

You must have a .pdf reader application like Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is free. Try opening this file with Acrobat Reader.

Greg Smith

I just found it. :yahoo: I made a shortcut to my desktop. Thanks.

Sorry 'bout that. I'm kinda new to PCs and still getting a grip on the whole file thing and where stuff can be located. I figure I still have afew newb points left to spend yet...lol.

Thanks again.

It's actually very easy to find from from the 3DC Help menu. Just pick the Manual and it loads the PDF.

Are you talking about clicking the TUTORIALS Tab? Then the 3D-COAT MANUAL?...That takes you to the Wiki Manual.

The only place I found the one I'm talking about is a file that is downloaded with 3DCOAT. It has illustrations and is more in depth.

I'm probably "newbing-out" again...lol.

The "old" manual is the one in the main "3D-Coat folder" - which is also accessible via the "Help" menu inside 3D-Coat.

Here is the link to the "New" manual, (which is incomplete), but which covers, already, a lot of the basic functions:

The New "Dynamic" Manual

Greg Smith

Thanks. I just downloaded it. :good: