3DCoat Forums

Radial brush or radial symmetry

Amber

• Advanced Member

Me too !

radial symmetry would be a great addition let's not forget " Local Symmetry " mode since we are on this topic :)

+1... Requested previously by me and a lot of more users on the forum time and time again...

• Advanced Member

+1... Requested previously by me and a lot of more users on the forum time and time again...

YES!!!! ABSOLUTELY! this would be a very welcome and needed feature.

Also, I would VERY much like to be able to use more than one symmetry plane at a time.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

It's coming!!

YAY!!! :)

how cool, however, would it be, if symmetry was unlimited and defined by our own equation! :)... ok I know that's just silly, right?

As an example:
Point 1: X, Y, Z
Point 2: -X, Y, Z
Point 3: X, Y(+60°), Z
Point 4: -X, Y(-60°), Z
Point 5: X, Y(+120°), Z
Point 6: -X, Y(-120°), Z

would be like basically having 3 radially symmetric points, on one side of X, and a mirror of them on the other.

With this method, it is theoretically possible to have limitless versions of symmetry... including other types of symmetry.

man, is that too much to ask for? -

if you could create whatever symmetry you wanted?... translational, scale, rotation

seems more robust and flexible than just mirror and radial symmetries.

however, in lieu of that - i really hope that we get access to ALL symmetry at the same time... X, Y, Z + Axial... uh, which axis? how is it defined? can't wait to see.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

YES!!!! ABSOLUTELY! this would be a very welcome and needed feature.

Also, I would VERY much like to be able to use more than one symmetry plane at a time.

+1

Definitely agree. Would be great for painting too, not just geometry.

• 2 months later...

YAY!!! :)

how cool, however, would it be, if symmetry was unlimited and defined by our own equation! :)... ok I know that's just silly, right?

As an example:
Point 1: X, Y, Z
Point 2: -X, Y, Z
Point 3: X, Y(+60°), Z
Point 4: -X, Y(-60°), Z
Point 5: X, Y(+120°), Z
Point 6: -X, Y(-120°), Z

would be like basically having 3 radially symmetric points, on one side of X, and a mirror of them on the other.
With this method, it is theoretically possible to have limitless versions of symmetry... including other types of symmetry.

man, is that too much to ask for? -

if you could create whatever symmetry you wanted?... translational, scale, rotation

seems more robust and flexible than just mirror and radial symmetries.

however, in lieu of that - i really hope that we get access to ALL symmetry at the same time... X, Y, Z + Axial... uh, which axis? how is it defined? can't wait to see.

lets give Andrew a little bit to get the new radial symmetry finished than we can start talking about this it seems link a great idea but very complicated  I would like to see it But I wouldn't count on it this year only cause Andrew just implemented radial symmetry (thanks in part to me ) a actually wanted him to do it your way  but it must be too hard or something