3DCoat Forums

Blender Applink

• Applink Developer

The script dosen't work with the latest blender versions. They did big API changes into 2.54 and they really destroyed my code almost

totally. But now it gives me opportunity to re-build and take a diffrent way to code it. If it all goes well the result is faster

and 90% less code. But it takes some time...

• Applink Developer

The small update:

Right now I'm studying blender material code. There is a several big issues in the code that makes this script harder to re-write. I'm trying to find those

issues and maybe fix them but timeline for this can be a month or two. So there is no new script version coming out for while. If someone wants to build they own

script or fix my old script you are welcome to do so. It's funny how things go. First I started pure 3d artist, then I started to learn python and now I'm very interested

to code blender core. Will see what's next :)

• Applink Developer

Hello All!

I was trying really hard to study blender code but it is really hard so I gave up. I miss scuplting so I want to focus on that

in the future. But I have something for you. It's a update. It should work with the latest trunk but everything was re-written

so there might be some bugs still alive.

Script update 1.55

Tested: blender 32121

Manual

-Re-written. There is less code and it should be a little bit faster. Now the script is easier to update.

coat.rar

• Applink Developer

Maybe :D There was already nice starts from other program so I hope they will continue it. How the applink works is quite easy to understand.

I really think that this is a good first project for everyone who wants to learn programming side of 3d program they are using. Right now I put all my

efforts into blender script and trying to make it really stable. Rock solid.

• Applink Developer

Script update: 1.57

Tested: 32239 (Win,Linux, should work in Macs too)

-Supports latest Applink features. You can take it into PPP, Ptex, etc...

-Link filepath into object buttons removed. Works automaticly.

It seams that blender API and applink features are almost done 100% so next week my plan is to make a tutorial video how to

use this script. If you find something odd or bugs, things to improve, just write them here. I hope we can get one more feature into

applink. That would be loading 3b files.(also writing 3b filepath into export.txt file) that way we can have very smooth workflow where

you can switch between objects in blender and 3d-coat could automaticly load the 3b file for you.

• Advanced Member

the script is working in blender but it doesn't seem to export anything or communicate with 3dCoat so I'll just wait on the tutorial.

I'm not in any rush so whenever it's done will be the perfect time. And it will be nice to have them so connected I think

thanks again :clapping: