3DCoat Forums

[Solved] How Do I Move A SubObject

Grimmy

• Advanced Member

This seems like a very basic and fundamental thing to to do when you are dealing with an object with more than one sub object part (clothing, accessories etc). So, in which room can I do this and how?

See my image for the problem I am trying to solve...

Cheers

post-37556-0-80026600-1420364285_thumb.p

• Contributor

If you import from another software , make sure you import the 3d models one by one , , this way they get in different layers (after you create them first ) so you can move them on there own.

• Reputable Contributor

The below is with the understanding that the sub objects are in the same model file and you are importing the model file into 3DC.

You can do it in 2 rooms depending upon your workflow.

Paint Room.

Switch to the Tweak room and choose "Select and move / Select Objects / click on the sub object you want to move

Select the move tool in the panel.

Done...

Import the model with Sub Objects for voxel or surface mode.

In the import dialog box choose "Import as child"  This will create one empty layer and the all the objects / sub objects will be placed on their own layer as children of that layer.

Then you can use the transform tool to move each object on it's own layer.

If you import the the Object /sub objects base mesh into the retopo room for the retopo mesh and then back in the sculpt room select "Conform retopo mesh" when using the transform tool ,the retopo mesh will move as well to the new position.

If the all the objects are separate model files or are already in separate layers then Michaeldgrs way will work too

Plus in the paint room you can merge separate model files and then use the tweak room to move them.

post-518-0-94914100-1420383668_thumb.png

post-518-0-29660500-1420383682_thumb.png

Edited by digman
  • Like 1