3DCoat Forums

Textured Material Painting

David Walters

• Advanced Member

Hi, I have a few minor requests for material painting, but I know you are working on volumetric sculpting right now so I feel guilty for bombarding you! :)

* Would it be possible to add a toggle button to clamp a texture material, rather than have it tiling? I feel it would sometimes be easier to concentrate on what I'm doing, and utilise the context of the surrounding area better, if I could only see one copy of the texture on screen. Having a hard edge rather than a repeating texture would also be more helpful when doing decal work - so I can be careless with my mouse movements and still know I'm only going to get one copy of the image.

* Also, could you add a numerical editor for the scale % and rotation angle on the preview controller - I sometimes would like a precise 45 or 30 degree angle, or an exact 200% zoom, etc. Having the numbers there so I can be accurate would be really helpful. Setting the aspect ratio like this would also be quite useful to have, at least for completeness!

Keep up the good work, this package is rapidly unfolding before me to reveal how packed with features it already is!