3DCoat Forums

Sculpt with a wrapped texture

Hasuman

Hello,

I'm wondering if 3D Coat has any tool which would let me wrap a depth texture around the voxel mesh and sculpt it right on the mesh. I mean like a checkerboard texture wrapped on a shirt that I could turn into depth giving it a tiled look. Doing this with just brushes would be a pain considering that I have to rotate the mesh and the brush's alpha constantly and doing it by hand would ultimately become really messy.

I hope you understood what I'm after, and there's a solution of some kind in the software.

• Advanced Member

My recommendation is to do this at the paint stage, using the Texture UV Editor.  However, if you're stuck on having to do it on your voxel mesh, you might consider the new radial symmetry tools created in the latest beta.  You can use a Material or a Mask to guide your sculpting efforts.  I'm fairly certain I've seen something like this done on one of AbnRanger's or Javis's tutorials, somewhere.