3DCoat Forums

Flood filled textures?

aegean

Go to solution Solved by Psmith,

To all my peers (which is probably everyone)

On the main page demo video at 1:43, the robot insect suddenly has textured wings and multifaceted eyes, I would presume that it would be an alpha such as the chain-mail alphas supplied within the programme. BUT how do I flood fill rather than stamping?

That is if I'm making any sense - pretty much in the way you could use a pattern as a brush in photoshop OR you could flood fill because the brush in question is tiled.

Thanks in advance

aegean

No, That's not what I mean sir.

gallery_39437_132_429271.jpg

Are the multifaceted eyes and the hexagons on the wings a smart material or is there some way of flood filling with alphas and extrusions?

Thamks

Edited by aegean

• Solution

Aegean:

It appears to me that all textures and materials in 3D-Coat are currently "Smart Materials".

My guess is that the eyes of the insect are separate UV Islands that were filled (using the Paint Bucket) with a Smart Material composed of Diffuse, Metalness and Gloss 2D textures - with varying adjustments for where to be applied, (more on cavities, more on convex areas, etc.).

When "Filling" an area of the model with a Smart Material, in this particular way - make sure to uncheck the option that appears in the Fill Dialog which says, "Use Color [Albedo] Tolerance".

Greg Smith

• Like 1