3DCoat Forums

3d Coat on Linux - CUDA gone? , 3dconnexion

Przemas

OK, so I'm trying to make a switch to Linux (eOS is awesome ).

Downloaded latest beta from the forum thread. Is CUDA version gone? I can't find executable for it.

Other than that it works nice so far. Also it seems to be the first 3d app I've tried on Linux that seems to be less plagued by screen tearing issues (which with the nvidia 660m I have are driving me nuts - but not in 3D Coat :) ).

Also have anyone tried using 3dConnexion on Linux? I can't seem to get the official driver to work on eOS - Ubuntu based distro, When executing the script I get bunch of errors regarding wrong paths.

Installed open source driver via ppa but it seems to not work in 3d Coat (to some degree it works in Modo).

• Advanced Member

I can't help you with the 3dConnexion but it does look like the CUDA versions are gone now.    At least the versions that I have are dated to Aug 12 this year and the other files are dated to Dec 03.  The CUDA versions needed to be updated anyway so maybe it's part of the plan?