3DCoat Forums

how to make a single uv set from several ones?

kirkl

• Advanced Member

Well, it's what I usually do.  But the process of consolidating 40+ uv sets and gazillion islands into a single one might be pretty tedious that way.  I hoped for a simple solution.

I can auto-unwrap into single uv set with re-importing but I want to re-bake existing textures and keep islands the same . just scale and pack them into single  0-1 uv space and bigger resolution.  Pretty common operation for game texturing.

I can do so in 3dMax actually, but 3dCoat does packing better and quicker , that's why I ask for a quick manner

Edited by kirkl

• Advanced Member

A easy peasy solution is the DAZ Studio pro Atlas Tool

Looks like not so easy since I haven't understood a thing there.    Where is that altlas tool there?     

As always when the soft is trying  to be easy peasy  it turns to a kind of thing for aliens.    Like pretty much every Android aps,

Journeymen.   thank you. Looking forward to try your script.   

Edited by kirkl

• Advanced Member

Just found Blender does such operation (packing into single texture) pretty easy and even more intelligent than 3d coat.

To bad Blender texture baker  bakes textures  without anti-aliasing  and crasheds once you try to bake in a huge resolution to compensate it

• Contributor

Okay, it was simpler than I anticipated. I didn't notice that Andrew added a function to select all faces in UV or retopo rooms. This cut down the script to just several lines.

I'll wrap it up into some kind of basic UI and will be posting it in an hour, or maybe less.