3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.7 updates thread

3d-coat is the only software I use for work that I also find myself using when I just want to relax and have some fun. It makes tasks that I used to find tedious or difficult to grasp simple and enjoyable. I'm also getting spoiled by your consistent interaction with the community and constant updates Andrew. Needless to say I too have already carved out a place in my budget for V4 when it's released, can't wait!

• Advanced Member
Definitely purchasing V4

Of course. Count me too, though I don't use 3dc much these days. But staying close to 3d sculpting development, it's important to me.

Impressions from the last update: It works like a butter on my new ATI, on more than 15M meshes. (OSX build). I seldom use so dense single meshes anyway.

Trust in others is the best policy IMO. Counting even me LOL

• Reputable Contributor

A Mantis Bug request...

Sometimes you can wait weeks or up to month before a bug report is assigned or resolved. That is not a problem by itself. There is a selection for confirming a bug. the color is yellow. This would be helpful for those who post bug reports to know that at least the bug is confirmed.

What happens now is that either your bug report will go from new to resolved or at least assigned.

I generally wait to post more bug reports till I see the ones I have posted are being worked on otherwise you get a back load of bug reports just sitting there as new getting bumped further and further down the list of bug reports or feature requests.

Since this is a community effort at bug reporting, My suggestion would be at least confirmed that it is a true bug even if there is no time in the schedule to work on it. Then when I check at Mantis, I can go "OK" the bug as been confirmed. This does not mean you drop everything to test and squash the bug, but once tested, confirm it as a way of communicating with the bug reporter.

The timing of fixing the bug is up Andrew's schedule of course but at least confirming or some feedback about the bug report would help the reporter...

post-518-0-44262000-1347492564_thumb.png

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Speaking of bugs, does anyone have the problem when making a clone (with symmetry), of your surface sculpt and trying to work on the clone, I keep getting the mesh breaking apart with any brush I try, even when smoothing.

Even though you are a long time user, it helps us to know which version of 3DC you are currently using - in fact, we can't even consider your experience as a bug until we know this. So, can you please tell us which version and what kind of system you are using when reporting difficulties?

Thanks,

Greg Smith

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

I am using the latest Linux beta, 18C, I always use the latest beta version, I would not treat anything as a bug if I was not using the latest beta version. My system is Fedora 14 x64 bit running on dual Sandy bridge Xeons, 48GB ram, Quadro 4000 video card.

Its not only after I do an undo with the cloned copy, it happens with any tool used on the clone, the mesh just gets ripped apart when you try to do any modifying, even if I try to do a global smooth the sculpt fragments into many pieces.

This behaviour renders the clone useless.

T.