3DCoat Forums

[SOLVED] Need to bake multiple objects in same file

Gary Dave

Go to solution Solved by Carlosan,

• Advanced Member

Bit of an oddly worded title, what I mean is that I have to do separate bakes of objects, ideally within the same 3dc file.

To get us started, here's what I'm doing:

Y6JYvJY.jpg

I've done similar tasks in 3dc before, but it never works out very well.

I'd like to be able to just bake the legs, then the top, the head, the hair, etc and so on, whilst hiding any other objects that might cause an issue.

Any time I've done separate bakes for objects on the same UV-set, things just get... weird. I came close once, where it looked correct in the Paint room, but 3dc was convinced that my texture was one tiny portion of the model (the last baked object) and just ignored the rest.

If you're not understanding my issue, here's another image if I bake everything:

cveAPW6.jpg

You see how the head contains bits of the hair, and the neck contains the projection of his under-shirt? Admittedly, not a massive issue in that example as you'll never actually see these areas. But the same thing is happening over on the legs, because his little "skirt" thing gets projected onto it. Which is definitely an issue as the fabric will eventually "blow with the wind" and this area will be visible.

So, does anyone have any ideas? Bake to separate UV-Sets, merge them in PS afterwards? As I said earlier, I can't bake separate stuff to the same UV-set, Even if it looks like it worked, it didn't. Not sure if it's an issue with 3dc, my version, or whatever.

Very much appreciate any thoughts on the matter.