3DCoat Forums

ATI Radeon HD 6750M

• Advanced Member

Is the ATI Radeon HD 6750M supported in the new release of 3d Coat? I have recently moved to a 27 inch iMac with a 1G ATI Radeon HD 6750M card. 3d Coat works fine and fast but I am unable to use the render room. Rendering voxels or anything results in a completely white model. I have no problem rendering with my mack book pro with the nvida cards.

I have a similar machine and have had the same problem since installing lion on another machine. Enabling 32 bit rendering and realtime rendering and moving the model around sometimes fixes the issue.

Check the texture uv editor in the paint room. For me that produces wrong coloring and moving glitches. See http://3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8504&st=0&p=65594&fromsearch=1entry65594

This has been a longstanding problem for me on both the iMac with a radeon chip, and a macbook pro with NVidia chipset. It started with a software update just immediately the lion release.

Evidently this only effects some mac users.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Dear Andrew...Vray has both CUDA and OpenCL support and ATI is coming out with a top of the line GPU with 12 gigs of ddr5 RAM. ATI is going to blow away CUDA and NVidia in both power and price.I'm just waiting to blow $5000 on a multiple GPU OpenCL multi teraflop monsters.

Please please please add OpenCL compliance.

• Reputable Contributor

Dear Andrew...Vray has both CUDA and OpenCL support and ATI is coming out with a top of the line GPU with 12 gigs of ddr5 RAM. ATI is going to blow away CUDA and NVidia in both power and price.I'm just waiting to blow $5000 on a multiple GPU OpenCL multi teraflop monsters.

Please please please add OpenCL compliance.

ATI will blow things open....for games. I used to own nothing but ATI, until I noticed that some of my CG apps didn't work right. Tried NVidia and they ran like a champ. It is still behind with regards to streaming tech...even with OpenCL, which is still a rather immature platform. Adobe is still leaning on CUDA, and most every GPU accelerated renderer uses CUDA. If you buy ATI, then you know ahead of time that it doesn't support CG programs nearly to the extent NVidia does.

• Advanced Member

ATI will blow things open....for games. I used to own nothing but ATI, until I noticed that some of my CG apps didn't work right. Tried NVidia and they ran like a champ. It is still behind with regards to streaming tech...even with OpenCL, which is still a rather immature platform. Adobe is still leaning on CUDA, and most every GPU accelerated renderer uses CUDA. If you buy ATI, then you know ahead of time that it doesn't support CG programs nearly to the extent NVidia does.

Interesting point. This is my fear. I'm worried about ATI not supporting the interface for eon Vue too...

One question though; what generation of ATI GPU was this? My 4870X2 had terrible drivers and I don't think you could update them without reinstalling windows. Maybe that's changed with the 7000 and soon to be released 8000 series.

OTOH...

7970-soc-windforce-5x,5-4-344920-22.jpg

RS_w_ATI.jpg

Well there's still time for deciding before my upgrade in late 2012 early 2013...