3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Decrease Radius slider missing?

Xallista

I recently purchased the basic version of 3D Coat on Steam and have been trying out the software. Being used to the customization available in Photoshop, I tried to locate the sliders for the brush radius, and managed to find the "Increase Radius" slider under Windows>Sliders, but I noticed that "Decrease Radius" is missing.

ZWs4Kpy.jpg

Hi!

Could you say which build that is? It's there for me in 4.5 Beta 4. I'd recommend using 4.1.17D for serious work though (which you can download, regardless of buying from Steam or not).

For what it's worth, you can more easily change your brush radius by RMB+Dragging left/right over an object, up/down for depth. Hope that helps. :)

Hi Javis,

As you can see from the sceenshot, it is on version 4.1.17D(GL)(consumer).

One thing I do not like about right-click-drag is that the sizing can go all over the place if I accidentally move the pen too quickly, whereas with radius increase/decrease I get to control the brush radius in uniform increments.

I'm curious if its there for other people who are also using 4.1.17D.

In the non-steam version --- Linux 64 bit non cuda 4.1.17D both increase and decrease are there..

Ouch, I hope this isn't an exclusive problem with the Steam version.

Will attempt to re-install it and hope it fixes itself.

EDIT: Also, since I don't want to make another thread for this:

Is there a way to remove the "depth" painted in Paint mode?

Been working on something for a few days, and since depth gets set to 50% each time I turn on 3D Coat, I end up with this mess:

In Flat Shade [2]

98G2i2S.jpg

In Relief Only [1]

BEbLTdo.jpg

• Advanced Member

Go to 'Layer Blend' (second tab from the left) in the paint layers tab area.  There you can adjust the depth intensity for each layer.  You can also try the 'Depth Opacity' setting at the top of the layers tab.  However, you'll have less control over it that way.  If you just want to remove all the depth info from a layer, assuming it's not the baked normals area (which you can simply hide by pressing the eye icon next to it), you can simply turn off paint and specularity information and keep depth on set at 0 and then fill layer, I believe...using the Insert key.

Nice gun, by the way.

Edited by alvordr
  • Like 1

You can also delete/erase a channel, depth in your case, with the erase tool then by turning off the other channels (sphere icons on the top bar, purple is depth, green is color, grey is glossiness), and using a lasso Stroke Mode around object. Make sure in the Stroke Mode panel to turn off "Ignore Back Faces" so it gets all of the polys.

• Like 1