3DCoat Forums

first voxelsteps

e214

• Applink Developer

I really like all of them. They are funny and crazy in same time. I have to put your name on the paper because I think that we are going to see some nice sculpts from you in the future. Just keep it up!

• Advanced Member

Thanks.

Learning the tools mostly now,and enjoying some freedom after years of wrestling with points and polygons.

You'll still need polyknowledge ofcourse to retopo but it's a great step in the right direction.

Recently I had to start learning UV mapping,and it was yet again very technical,this feels like a break that was really welcome.

hehe hail Andrew :drinks:

Not much time today,Mr rock....

post-1329-1244308738_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

Funny voxel doodles. I like the head "wall".

Yeah all pictures from before today seem to be missing! The main site is also down. Everything seems to be falling apart around here. :unsure:

3dioot

• Advanced Member

I used to do these with the stamp tool,but since seeing your tut i use the move tool now.

Wall setup with this technique takes a few minutes,making variations is equal fast.(same for the ball).

Very powerfull to learn heads and expressions,just a few clicks with the move tool makes a complete new face.

A have a "neutralheadwall" setup ready now,when I feel like doodlin.

U can then again make stamps from your variations,and make variations on these,really endlless possibilities.

http://vimeo.com/5207586

• 2 weeks later...
tooncharacter study

Very nice. :) Hope, you will finish one in the next time. I mean: Starting from voxels, over retopo up to painting and rendering a char. :)

But I know the problem... it makes more fun to skulpt than retopo, paint and probably pose and render. :D

• Advanced Member

Hi Taros.

I originally bought 3dcoat for it's retoplogy,voxels was a great bonus;)

I'm confident that retopology will not be the problem,nor will the painting,since I have bodypaint,and I just bought UVLAYOUT wich has taken away the troubles of uvmapping.(killer app as well btw)

Just needed an app that would let me "clay "my basic shape in a non-mechanized way.

I think it's best to play still some,to get the flow of the tools-brushes,then I will do start - finish.

Pic>quick test to get sharper eyelids.

post-1329-1246356212_thumb.jpg

Hi Taros.

I originally bought 3dcoat for it's retoplogy,voxels was a great bonus;)

I'm confident that retopology will not be the problem,nor will the painting,since I have bodypaint,and I just bought UVLAYOUT wich has taken away the troubles of uvmapping.(killer app as well btw)

Just needed an app that would let me "clay "my basic shape in a non-mechanized way.

I think it's best to play still some,to get the flow of the tools-brushes,then I will do start - finish.

Pic>quick test to get sharper eyelids.

Yes. UVLAYOUT looks really amazing.