3DCoat Forums

merge obj in surface mode

gogolo

Hi,everyone.

This is the second time I suggest this king of feature.

I know 3dcoat's voxel mode is very powerful,but the traditional polygon still very important in some area.

If it is possible to integrate Sclupt room and Voxel room will be great,but I think it will be a little hard.

As the voxel room have surface mode now,I think it's very possible to do something similar.

the surface mode is polygon mode,and very fast because it did not need re-calculate the voxel surface,

So,if we have all the merge tool (merge from file,merge as pen,merge from retopo room and so on )in suface mode,

we can do something like 3dsmax's object paint without worry the shape lose in low voxel sample,and possible can store the uv ,texture and vertex color.

(3ds Max 2011 - New Features - Objectpaint)

It can change the workflow in 3dcoat !

start in voxel mode -> retopo(like optimize ) --> merge to voxel surface mode as final model with lower polycount ,and work with other voxel part

or

combine models in surface mode --> sculpt in surface mode or turn to voxel mode to do more.

It's really great feature ~