3DCoat Forums

3.7?? Still no Joy...

• Advanced Member

- New brush engine! It's faster, smoother and more accurate!

No it is not... I have tested the "New and improved" brush engine long enough to see that it is no where even close to being any different than what it was in the previous versions... Large brushes are still unwieldy; try to use a large smooth brush especially in surface mode and see the funny results. Many brush types still leave undesired bumps along the stroke path just like they used to... Inconsistency between brush alpha interpretation in Voxel mode and in surface mode still continues

- Voxel Mode: Speed-up in voxel surface mode.

Yes, but still switching back and forth from Voxel to surface modes might leave noticeable artifacts behind, sometimes yielding the user with very hard to fix ones... Very frustrating.

- The primitive Manipulators still "STINK"... Yes, they do... And after countless reports and "fixes", the primitive manipulators are still a nightmare to work with... Try scaling down a cylinder to make a thin disc and then try to grab the center uniform scaling handle, you'll see what I mean...

Of course there are no big changes in comparison to last stable 3.5.19A. But I can't believe that there are only a little changes in brushing and performance in comparison to 3.5.00. Regarding other problems (primitives) - I will pay attention. But it is better to post to Matis as major - then it will be fixed with guarantee.

And I prefer a bit more friendly style of conversation. It is too hard to do something else if I feel like I done nothing for last year...

• Like 2

Agreed. I'll only say this a few more times before I start being... Not so nice.

Andrew and Raul are only two guys. They converse directly with the users to get feedback. Some users feel like it's OK to come here and bash the team for their hard work. It is not only rude and disrespectful, it reduces morale and believe it or not, these guys have feelings too. So please, for the love of all that is good, treat them with more respect.

And directly to the OP, it's probably your machine. The brush engine IS faster. I've got 4 machines here that it works fine on. Two laptops (one mac and one win) and two workstations (one win, one win/lin). Also, while the gizmos are not top shelf, it doesn't mean coming here and saying they "STINK" is OK. Show a little respect and appreciation. Or, even better. Give an idea on how to improve it.

As for your issue with vox<>surf mode. It's simple. Increase the resolution of the voxels. Until the new sub-cell method is introduced, this is a natural effect of marching cubes.