3DCoat Forums

VoxTree - Thumbnail Preview

J0linar

I just started trying around with kitbash, when i realized that i sorta lost orientation what part is waht as it named them all the same

anyways i do get that 3dcoats ui is already crowded and that a thumbnail preview of the models/parts in the VoxTree might not be that usefull when it comes to overview

still it would be good if we could get that feature

and yes i know zbrush has it but thats not the reason why 3dcoat should get it

reason from my pov is pretty simple as in better orientation when needed and a extra option to turn on/off the thumbnail preview in the VoxTree might be a good idea aswell

If that was already requested so i appologize, thx for consideration.

• 2 years later...

I would love to know if there are future plans to this feature? this a top 1 feature that we need. I work as a 3d / concept artists in games and I'm starting to incorporate 3dcoat more and more in my workflow. Please I would love to see something like this, also multiple layer selection, voxtree groups and "MERGE DOWN" ( since there is no thumbnails, using "merge to" is a pain in the #$%^&). For the momment, I have to say, GOOD WORK, I'm starting to love 3dcoat even more than zbrush, I saw zbrush 4r7 features and.... I feel like zbrush is copying a lot of existing features that are already in 3dcoat. I also suggest that you guys put a little bit of more effort in the marketing area, I'm really sure that all that could help to put 3dcoat in the top of the industry. Voxels are the way to go, is the future and uff, fure 3dprinting imagine arquitects doing sci fi buildings with a giant 3dprinter using a voxel model as a base. Keep it up the good work guys.