3DCoat Forums

Gillian Seed

SonK

• Advanced Member

very impressed by "kadu3d" head detailing, so i'll finish off the sculpting and detailing in 3D-brush instead of Mudbox. I'll start the detailing tomorrow. :lol:

gilliannt5.jpg

Andrew thanks for the new sub-object palette in 2.07 beta 3 its very useful. The eye is a separate mesh from the head!

• Advanced Member
The shape is very good! Have you used sculpt tool or only painting? Of cause skin details should be add to get great effect.

So far, i only have use the painting tools. But now i am using the sculpting tools to add detail into the face. 3D-brush is very good in adding small details!

post-564-1204247871_thumb.jpg

post-564-1204248128_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member
Good, but I think that forehear should be slightly more smooth and some small wrinkles should be there.

thanks, i added the changes. Also adjust the cheekbone area alittle. Andrew, i find smoothing with vector displacement creates a "chisel"look, not so smooth. Samething with just using a brush and adding depth, its very "chisel", needs to be more smoother. I think its common with vector displacement sculpting, it happens in Modo also. If i have time later, i'll do a video to show you.

post-564-1204496133_thumb.jpg

thanks, i added the changes. Also adjust the cheekbone area alittle. Andrew, i find smoothing with vector displacement creates a "chisel"look, not so smooth. Samething with just using a brush and adding depth, its very "chisel", needs to be more smoother. I think its common with vector displacement sculpting, it happens in Modo also. If i have time later, i'll do a video to show you.

It is much better! About "chisel" - there is two tipes of smoothing in 3DB - large scale (in sculpt mode) and local (in pen mode). Maybe some combination of them cat give better result.

• Advanced Member
It is much better! About "chisel" - there is two tipes of smoothing in 3DB - large scale (in sculpt mode) and local (in pen mode). Maybe some combination of them cat give better result.

I generated a Displacement Map out of 3D-Brush, rendered with SSS in Modo. I'll try to figure out whats wrong with the seams...and thanks for the sculpting tip, i'll check them out later. But i think its important to have all the Sculpt mode tools(mesh sculpting) in pen mode(vector displacement sculpting) in the near future.

headfn3.jpg

Something is still off about the face structure.