3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.7 updates thread

• Contributor

Still freezing with preset changes on hotkey. Uninstalling, I'll try it again when it's stable.

Im not having freezes anymore using this build but I had to redo my presets...old presets generated big black explosions.

I redid them exactly like they were,same parameters...but now there is no freeze when i switch presets... even if I switch very fast.

Can you try redo them? if they work fine I can close this issue on Mantis.

• Contributor

Im not having freezes anymore using this build but I had to redo my presets...old presets generated big black explosions.

I redid them exactly like they were,same parameters...but now there is no freeze when i switch presets... even if I switch very fast.

Can you try redo them? if they work fine I can close this issue on Mantis.

I won't bother, Pressure=depth stroke thumbnail is not fixed (bug reported before even the first ui changes public release). This means when it's done I'll still have to redo those preset. I'm sick of doing the same thing over and over when this could be done once and for all.

I'll wait at this point 3dcoat is just a curious app for me, I don't really use it anymore anyway.

• Contributor

Save a preset with pressure= radius

Do the same with pressure=depth. Compare...

Xml change again if this is fixed, preset to redo...

I don' understand,you mean E-panel pressure modes?

On my side they are stored properly in my presets and I have presets using all different modes.

• Contributor

No.

presetunfixedtwomonths.jpg

Anyway it doesn't matter. Andrew said it was the way it is, first entry (pressure=depth) is not saved. End of story I guess... I wonder sometimes.

I'm betting this will go nevercenter's. Sooner or later. I'll be relieved when it happens.

• Contributor

No.

Anyway it doesn't matter. Andrew said it was the way it is, first entry (pressure=depth) is not saved. End of story I guess... I wonder sometimes.

I'm betting this will go nevercenter's. Sooner or later. I'll be relieved when it happens.

Where do I set this? I don't even know what it is and what it does lol. Im intrigued.

• Contributor

Where? I don't see that in my preset panel,I have it docked all the time...

Where do I set that red thing..lol.

No.

Ok...I understand.This is what I was talking about...E-panel pressure modes.

Well in the preset the icon is not displayed but the mode is stored properly...

if you switch brush presets you can see the pressure mode change as expected in the E-panel.

The issue is just about the "display' of the icon in the preset .....its really a minor issue.

I mean the pressure mode really get stored properly anyway...

edit:I see you've updated your image and added "thumbnail missing",that way I would have understood right away

Sorry if I misunderstood,I thought you had found some secret hidden 3DCoat pressure setting lol

• Advanced Member

No.

Getting frustrated. Relax. Focus on the work instead not the software or atleast focus on what works on the software.

I would be very worried if 3dcoat goes like nevercenters. Its making me tons of money almost enough to buy a house now. Its essential to my life. Thanks to Andrew and all his work!!

No.

Generally I don't show it because it is default mode. All what is default is not shown.

But, ok, no problem, I will show this mode explicitly.

• Contributor

Generally I don't show it because it is default mode. All what is default is not shown.

But, ok, no problem, I will show this mode explicitly.

Hmmm the problem is we don't know what the default is????? Its not obvious this should always be saved and shown. Stop expecting people to know what these options are by default its not clear. One word consistency, the promise it there but the consistency throughout app is not yet.

I have really ugly issues with the new brush engine (last tablet driver rework).

Sometimes, when I drawing lines, a bigger dot appear at the stroke start. Really ugly. I will go back to v.3.7.15 because of this.

It happens in the paint room.

Anyone has the same issues? I am using a wacom4 tablet.

Attached a shot:

post-955-0-76327400-1343909822_thumb.jpg

Hmmm the problem is we don't know what the default is????? Its not obvious this should always be saved and shown. Stop expecting people to know what these options are by default its not clear. One word consistency, the promise it there but the consistency throughout app is not yet.

Quoted for agreement. It's not obvious, and nothing should be treated as obvious. For new users especially, this can be very confusing. Something like this could really turn someone off to using the program at first try.

• Reputable Contributor

Concerning nasty bugs, here is one...

Linux version non-cuda 3.7.14B beta...

MV mode.

From the new menu choose the default sphere for MV.

Paint depth using the Air Brush...

Result in the picture.

post-518-0-84193700-1343950798_thumb.jpe

• Advanced Member

Does anyone having problems with the transform-tool?

After importing and applying a mesh (voxelize) to a existing scene?

I have a mesh where the gizmo doesnt appear (but only for that imported mesh and on that particular layer)

All other layers can be transformed.

latest build, win 7, 64bit, cuda, DX

Does anyone having problems with the transform-tool?

After importing and applying a mesh (voxelize) to a existing scene?

I have a mesh where the gizmo doesnt appear (but only for that imported mesh and on that particular layer)

All other layers can be transformed.

latest build, win 7, 64bit, cuda, DX

Probably the volume has som illegal transform. Try to press Reset space in transform tool.

Ok, the ~ will appear anyway.

Updated to 3.7.16A (Win+Mac+Linux)

- Sketch tool issues fixed

- lag when switching old presets probably fixed, but requires checking

- slowdown in proxy mode with reduce fixed

- rectangle/lasso selection enabled for merge/primitives tools.

I am on slow connection in country side and unable to check if all Win builds uploaded correctly. Please check and report if something wrong.

• Contributor

Updated to 3.7.16A (Win+Mac+Linux)

- Sketch tool issues fixed

- lag when switching old presets probably fixed, but requires checking

- slowdown in proxy mode with reduce fixed

- rectangle/lasso selection enabled for merge/primitives tools.

I am on slow connection in country side and unable to check if all Win builds uploaded correctly. Please check and report if something wrong.

-Hi Andrew,bug where model loose resolution and polycount when user press Alt-Enter is still alive in 3.7.16A.

I reopened the Mantis issue.

EDIT:ok' i read you,on mantis that it is in next build fixes...no stress :) )

-Using Old preset creates big black explosions like 3.7.16(instead of lags in 3.7.15)....using fresh new presets there is no problems.

(I don't care,I won't use my old presets anymore anyway my new ones are better...

but Im still posting a pict just for you to know,maybe it is hiding deeper hidden problems)

post-1195-0-71415900-1344000470_thumb.jp

Thanks Taros!

Pity I am off home for 3 weeks and forgot cable from my Wacom tablet, so can't check and reproduce. So, questions:

1) Does it happen if you will not touch radius dependence curve?

2) Will problem happen if you will set any nonzero radius for zero pressure?

Checked your questions:

1) Does it happen if you will not touch radius dependence curve?

-> Yes.

2) Will problem happen if you will set any nonzero radius for zero pressure?

-> Don't really understand what you mean. Could you explain your question better?

Do you mean, when I set the brush radius to "mouse" mode? Then all work fine. It happens only in (pen) pressure mode.

• Contributor

Another question:

Did I missed something?

I can't paint on vertexes anymore (Move from voxels directly to paint room and paint is not working.).

Did you removed vertex painting?

Is volume in surface mode?

It needs to be in SF mode for vertex painting to work.