3DCoat Forums

Shader Shenanigans

stusutcliffe

• Advanced Member

Er ok,bare with me. When I used to open 3DCoat and select a sphere from the menu that appears mid screen.It had a "clay" type shader ,very similar to the "PicMat-Clay" shader from the Shaders menu....but I think it was slightly different, sort of less shiny? Now I quite liked this one. But if I then chose a new shader from the menu, I could never get the original one back because it didnt seem to be available to choose from the menu! Now, having made a few new shaders based on the simpler one available,I seem to have lost that nice shader forever! So now when I select a sphere it appears as a "Sculptris Grey" one I made.

So I am wondering How do I do a complete "reboot" of my textures?, and get them "factory fresh" . I download each new update which seems to remember all my settings. ( although I think Vers 10 seemed to delete a couple of shaders I had made!?) Do I need to delete something deep within the program file?,then reinstall...

• Contributor

Feature request:

An "initialize 3D-Coat" button that will restore all default settings. Zbrush has this feature.

It's nice to be able to reset everything without deleting folders and reinstalling the software.

I guess I should repost this in the Feature Request section of the forum, or perhaps mention it in the Beta thread?