3DCoat Forums

• Advanced Member

Oh yeah that would do it. I always just overwrite the old one, but keep the last installer in case I need to go back.

Not quite correct. I keep 4 rolling installations in their own folder names with no clashes or conflicts. It is not necessary on my Vista or Win7 rigs to do anything other than name folder differently on each 'upgrade'

Previously Caps Lock would hid the cursor, but this is no longer the case.

Is this feature still present, and if so, what is the new shortcut or where is the menu item?

Thanks

In this version cursor is hidden using CAPS lock when you are painting over the surface.

In so way you will be able to see pen's parameters and achieve good precissin while painting because cursor is hidden.

• 2 weeks later...

In this version cursor is hidden using CAPS lock when you are painting over the surface.

In so way you will be able to see pen's parameters and achieve good precissin while painting because cursor is hidden.

I find it way better with the cursor always hidden. i used a cintiq so i have no problem of precision. Could we at least have the choice in preference?

I use photoshop the same way with "precise painting cursor" on. I find it more natural this way :/...

• 2 months later...

I find it way better with the cursor always hidden. i used a cintiq so i have no problem of precision. Could we at least have the choice in preference?

I use photoshop the same way with "precise painting cursor" on. I find it more natural this way :/...

Hi,

It is an option, in the preferences panel.

The problem I find with having it always off is that you can never tell the size or strength of the brush without either using it, or looking at the top bar of the app.

The problem I find with having it always off is that you can never tell the size or strength of the brush without either using it, or looking at the top bar of the app.

I haven't found that to be a problem at all. I feel it is more artist friendly, and easier to create more interesting sculptures with just seeing the little dots. Actually, it feels more intuitive for that matter.