3DCoat Forums
  1. General

1. Announcements

This area contains official announcements from the Pilgway team

3. New Releases, Bugs Reports & Development Discussion

This is a section of the forum specifically for final and beta releases and discussing new developments. Also to report any new bug found.

1. General 3DCoat

Discussions related to 3DCoat, and also share ideas for improving the program.

SDK, scripts & plugins development. If you want to create or share custom scripts & plugin(s) for 3DCoat, you can find the information here to do so.

3. SOS! If you need urgent help for 3DCoat

Any urgent matter that needs to be dealt with as soon as possible

1. CG & Hardware Discussion

CG meeting area. General Discussion, News, films, games discussions, etc.

Have a Brush, Stencils, Smart Materials, Shaders, Extension, etc. you'd like to share ?
      Post it here !

1. 264

• Ask for support sending your project to andrewshpagin@gmail.com
    • Using latest Linux version. I think something is messed up with scene, it bakes shader color but not painting I did. Also now none of the layers I painted are working, hiding/unhiding does nothing. And if I convert voxel to surface it loses paints too and show only shader. Worst thing is that I saved this scene at some point when I was trying and have only broken scene... Well will have to repaint retopo mesh directly than.
    • Hi  As of today, 3DCoatTextura Applink for Blender is not available, unfortunately. We are looking into a possibility to implement it in future.   Sidenote: here you can read a more detailed walkthrough  
    • I've been struggling with this for several days and signed up just to ask this. All answers point to deleting Applink folder and it fixing everything. Unfortunately, that fixed nothing, and I'm getting the same issue. I've tried copying the files from 3DCoat script data to io_coat3d. A 3DC2Blender file was never created, nor was an Exchange_folder.txt so I manually created that. The only thing I can think of that may be causing this is the fact that my Documents is stored on a separate hard drive, but I tried creating 3DC2Blender folder on both drives and it didn't seem to matter. Trying to open project from 3DTextura to original application gives the prompts, but then nothing happens afterwards. Blender gives python errors when trying to export. Here are the errors:   Python: Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 4.0\4.0\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 558, in invoke bpy.ops.export_applink.pilgway_3d_coat() File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 4.0\4.0\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 109, in __call__ ret = _op_call(self.idname_py(), kw) RuntimeError: Error: Python: Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 4.0\4.0\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 569, in execute foundExchangeFolder, global_exchange_folder = folders.InitFolders() File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 4.0\4.0\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\folders.py", line 23, in InitFolders os.mkdir(DC2Folder) FileNotFoundError: [WinError 3] The system cannot find the path specified: 'C:\\Users\\Liz\\Documents\\3DC2Blender' Location: C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 4.0\4.0\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py:109  
    • Bend ToolView the full article
    • Windows version----2024.14 and 2023.41 both work.  It is Important to give the version of 3DC you are using.  Edit: I was tired so had to check a few times to be sure, sorry for any inconvenience.          
    • Your first control point for your curve seems to be off plane a few times. I noticed at the last you had it working for a moment. Try this to fix your problem. Since this is a rectangular type of model and it appears, you are not trying to wrap a text around a corner, have the view lined up correctly before placing your first control point.  Press the ESC key to clear the curve. Do not start the curve right at the sharp edge of the model. Make sure the cursor is on the correct plane before placing the first control point. My picture shows the first control point is starting on the wrong plane. Blue line points to the control point. Side Note: Use the e-panel brush shown in the picture. It will help to create the text placement correctly when applying the text.  I hope the above is helpful.        
    • it should just bake the color map , when you baking high to low .. i just tried it and mines working fine
    • I have Voxel object that I also painted. Now I want to export it as mesh. Did Autoretopo and Decimation, and I got retopo mesh. Now want to bake, beside normal map, colors too. If I do Bake with Normal map it just bakes Normal map. I also tried right click on Voxel and bake Color from Visible Volumes but nothing happens. What is the correct workflow and is this possible at all ?
    • I chose From Camera as the UV Island is closer to a flat rectangle that being a curved uv island.   a striped rectangle UV island would work best, like when you create a rectangle UV island for texturing a coke can.  You do not have to use tiling as you can move the untiled texture over the uv island also. On my end the textures are the same size on both sides of the gun model as shown in the video and lined up.  If hand painting the uv island works best, use it or choose a different texture and use cube mapping. Cube mapping has several settings you can adjust as well.   gun.mp4
    • CPU/GPU/AIO/SSD Cooler: ENDORFY Navis F360 ARGB AIO CPU Cooler - Nikk Tech. CPU/GPU/AIO/SSD Cooler: SilverStone IceMyst 360 Review .- APH Networks Router: EnGenius ECW336 Wi-Fi 6e Cloud Managed Access Point - TweakTown. Laptop: Alienware m16 R2 (2024) review- One of the smoothest gaming laptops I've ever experienced - Windows Central. Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad P16 G2 Laptop Review- Improved with 165 Hz screen & Nvidia RTX 2000 Ada - NotebookCheck.net Reviews. Mouse: GravaStar Mercury M2 Stealth Black Gaming Mouse - Mad Shrimps.
    • here it is on art station https://www.artstation.com/artwork/8b323x there are more pics there Rendered in Blender, sculpt/paint in 3DCoat, retopology, plant models, and hair in Blender, Krita for the plant textures
    • Thank you for looking into this. Please let me know if I need to do anything else. It's been a while since I've reported a bug to you all.
    • Hello! Try increasing the radius, it looks like the object is very small
    • Hi guys, I made a short video to explain a problem i have actually :