3DCoat Forums

Cannot export model with textures.

Upon Infinity

Hi,

I'm having trouble exporting an .obj file with textures out of 3dcoat into another renderer.  Normally, I get an .obj file, and .mtl file, and associated graphic files for textures.  I don't know how to get the assicated (.png s?).  I saw a tutorial on YT that had a pop-up at export, but I'm not getting that.  What am I doing wrong?

I still don't see the option.  Either that, or I'm doing it wrong.  In this YT video at the 12:30 mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29OWq1JuZdg he simply Exports Model and then a pop-up appears that will do it.  Was this discontinued in future versions?

Edited by Upon Infinity

No.  Only the original shaders from sculpting.  And yes, I was exporting from paint room.  Although not much painting has been done to it.  I'm used to using really basic modellers so this retopo and stuff is really new to me.  In other programs, I could just throw a texture on and export.  Can this not be done with 3d coat?  Do I retopo, uv, and then export?  Is there a tutorial for this, either on this site or YT?