3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.7 updates thread

• Advanced Member

@Andrew

What digman reported is confirmed under OSX latest build.

Switching between rooms a few times, crashes 3dcoat And OSX.

I hope it is fixed for the OSX too.

It's the voxels room. If just sculpt and go for retopo etc everything works. If going back to vox room, a crash of the OS is possible.

when switching between rooms, crash to the desktop

The build 3D-Coat 3.7.14B for Linux and Mac OS X has been updated. Please download it again. Just in case please remove this file:

[Linux] /home/YourUserName/3D-CoatV3/ToolsPresets/VoxelToolSets.xml

[Mac OS X] /Users/YourUserName/3D-CoatV3/ToolsPresets/VoxelToolSets.xml

• Contributor

3d-Coat-V37-15-CUDA64 has one little flaw: the Move Vertex tool doesn't appear to work and all vertex moves must be done with the Point/Faces tool. If someone experiences the same, I will send this to Mantis.

This is a Win 7 use.

• Reputable Contributor

The build 3D-Coat 3.7.14B for Linux and Mac OS X has been updated. Please download it again. Just in case please remove this file:

[Linux] /home/YourUserName/3D-CoatV3/ToolsPresets/VoxelToolSets.xml

[Mac OS X] /Users/YourUserName/3D-CoatV3/ToolsPresets/VoxelToolSets.xml

It appears you have squashed this bug for the Linux version. :D

If I find any problems, I will let you know,

Just to be sure I did another clean install for testing purposes...

I'm only running only one version of 3DCoat on my Linux machine so I will not have any conflict problems with all the interface changes which seem to be the source of some problems now between beta versions. I would expect a few problems like this popping up with all the major interface changes in the betas...

[..]

I don't know if someone of you really realised it, but now you are completely resolution free to paint projections in external editors like photoshop. The projections are lossless now, if you set the right resolution! I will explain the new function in detail on my blog soon.

[..]

Really great! I am so happy. This gives me more possibilities to paint on high res textures.

Please do explain. Can't wait to read your blog.

@mercy: Please do explain. Can't wait to read your blog.

I will do it maybe tonight, when I am back at homeoffice. Latest tomorrow. Then I am the whole day at homeoffice.

I promise.

:)

I just wanted to let you know that I downloaded the windows [3.7.15] with cuda 64 bit file last night and as soon as the download was finished, Norton jumped up and said the file wan't safe. It "removed" the file without even asking me. I don't know why, but I thought I should tell you about it.

I just wanted to let you know that I downloaded the windows [3.7.15] with cuda 64 bit file last night and as soon as the download was finished, Norton jumped up and said the file wan't safe. It "removed" the file without even asking me. I don't know why, but I thought I should tell you about it.

Norton's "Download Intelligence" feature has gotten weirdly overaggressive lately.

I haven't had this happen with 3DCoat yet, but yesterday I had the same thing happen with the new ZBrush 4R4 installer.

It's 685 MB on disk and I have lowest end DSL, so I wasn't pleased with having to download it again.

Also Norton's reasoning was a bit daft, basically it boiled down to "Not a lot of people have this file, so it must be dangerous."

-Jeff

Hi,

just installed 3D-Coat 3.7.15.

There seems to be a problem with the GL version (see screenshot 3d-Coal-GL).

post-6900-0-78262400-1343554812_thumb.pn

The DX version looks ok to me.

post-6900-0-98180800-1343554818_thumb.pn

System is: Windows 7 64 Bit Prof.

Graphic is: AMD FirePro V7900

Driver is:

Packet version 8.911.3.4

Direct3D version 7.14.10.0873

OpenGL version 6.14.10.11296

Catalyst Control Center-Version 2012.0524.40

This just to let you know.

I will use DX version for now.

post-6900-0-78262400-1343554812_thumb.pn

post-6900-0-98180800-1343554818_thumb.pn

• Reputable Contributor

Hi,

just installed 3D-Coat 3.7.15.

There seems to be a problem with the GL version (see screenshot 3d-Coal-GL).

The DX version looks ok to me.

System is: Windows 7 64 Bit Prof.

Graphic is: AMD FirePro V7900

Driver is:

Packet version 8.911.3.4

Direct3D version 7.14.10.0873

OpenGL version 6.14.10.11296

Catalyst Control Center-Version 2012.0524.40

This just to let you know.

I will use DX version for now.

I can confirm this problem. 3DCoat version 3.7.15, latest beta. win32 bit non cuda.

It could be related to the ATI video card as on my window machine I have a ATI card...

Updated to 3.7.16 (Win)

- To global space modified, To uniform space introduced - http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=562

- Sketch tool problems fixed

- Delay when switching between tabs fixed

- Save/Open dialogs are splitting all possible extensions in several categories and are storing current folder in correspondence to category. In previous implementation in some cases stored folders was big mess with stored folders.

- Undo/Redo refined for differnt tools

- Undo/Redo implemented for Cache/Uncache

- Genius and other tablets will be supported. Wacom support rewritten too.

- 'G' key will ghost/unghost picked volume

- Specular contrast to Specular modulator in Layer options for convenience.

- UV improvement - you may select multiple UV islands, CTRL+C, select one island of similar topology and use CTRL V to put them on each other.

- A big list of mantis-reported issues fixed. This 2 weeks I concentrated on polishing 3DC.

Is there no wacom pressure intensity settings anymore?

If the pressure is readed automatcally now, great.

@Andrew: Could you please explain, which changes you have made at the wacom drivers?

Is there no wacom pressure intensity settings anymore?

If the pressure is readed automatcally now, great.

@Andrew: Could you please explain, which changes you have made at the wacom drivers?

Now 2 api used - Windows Tablet PC for Genius and other but Wacom. Wacom still uses own sdk but in a bit different way. Generally it is made by Sergyi.

Btw, wrong build reuploaded.