3DCoat Forums

• Reputable Contributor

I have mentioned this a few times in other post but so far no correction has been done. I believe you are installing H but just the Letter did not get changed in the new 3DCoat.exe.

That is only a guess though. I will again try and get this corrected. It is confusing otherwise..

Hi,

I think it actually isn't installing the update.

I looked for the new extrude tool and it isn't there. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

I made a cube, did a retopo, chose "select faces", I select some faces and see nothing that says extrude in the menue.

So I "think" 9.7.18H hasn't been installed.

I'm wondering if I need to uninstall the existing version and do a fresh install of the now one.

• Reputable Contributor

I think you are talking about the new real polygon extrude tool, I believe that was added in 3.7.18A. You should have that already.

Normal edge extrude is when you select edges...

I have already downloaded and installed 3.7.18H, 32 bit simple and 3DCoat still reads 3.7.18F in the top interface.

The normal and free extrudes show up under the commands section (Left Toolbar) after I choose select and then choose faces which you did also.

I have contacted a forum Mod to help get this resolved on whether it is H with the wrong letter or somehow the wrong exe got uploaded....

You could try un-installing to see if it makes a difference, your call on that one.

• Reputable Contributor

Hi,

Yeah there must be something wrong on my end. I don't even see normal and free extrude where you say you have it.

You do mean in the retopo room right?

I see ...

Transform

Delete

Clone

Subdivide

Hide

Invert Hidden

Unhide

You should have either edges selected or faces. 3D Coat is very context sensitive (exposing only tools you need).

• Reputable Contributor

Here is my screen capture in the retopo room. If you are selecting faces or edges and not getting any extrudes showing up then something could be wrong... I selected (select) under the basic menu. Now if Auto is enabled in the top menu bar you will not see the two extrudes till you select a face or the regular extrude till you select an edge...

Also you can just select manually in the top menu faces or edges and the menus items will show up without selecting an edge or a face on your retopo mesh.

post-518-0-24894600-1353284529_thumb.jpg

Ok I'm mystified.

I uninstalled and reinstalled.

Then I uninstalled again and made sure all the files in the user documents folder where deleted too and then reinstalled.

Then I got rid of everything again and installed the beta.

Well the beta installed but I don't see those tools.

I must be missing something.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

I keep downloading 3.7.18H and installing it, but when I start up the software it says I am still running 3.7.18F.

I've done this 3 times now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Kevin

The H and F files are identical. Someone renamed the F file to H and lost the original H file we think we are downloading. I doubt there is an H file. What the "janitor" should do, if there is one, is edit the text to say F instead of H. And rename the file back to F.

• 1 month later...