3DCoat Forums

[IMPLEMENTED] Merge multiple UV set textures on export

Amber

• Advanced Member

If an object has multiple materials 3DC will export each of material as seperate file, an option to merge them all and export as one texture would be very useful.

Same with external 2D editor, 3DC will export only one uvset at a time, there should be feature to export all uvsets(mat zones) as one texture to external editor.

Let's say I have a sword with many mat zones for mats like wood,metal,cloth etc, they are on one texture map, but 3DC sees them as separate UV sets and it will export each of material as seperate file which is very bad if you have a lot of mat zones because I have to merge them later in 2D application.

Basically there should be an option in 3DC to treat multiple mat zones not as multiple UV sets.There are on same UV map so they aren't multiple UV set, only one UV set with different mat zones.

The problem is, as I know 3D Coat interpretes every retopo layer as an individual uv set.

I don't like this too and change it always in a 3rd party app. I know, that this is useful for some cases, but there should be an option, where you can save all sets on one uv map.

+++1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

What is the trick to making this work? I have a model with about 20 uvsets/materials in the UV room and I get a a huge number of images being exported. I don't see any options anywhere for merging them at export. This was an model imported for PPP, and as a result there is no retopo mesh (and incidentally why there are so many materials.. it seems to have made one for each Softimage cluster), maybe that is messing me up.

I was hoping the "Export UV sets as tiles" was the feature, but toggling this seems to have no effect.

Thanks for any info

• 2 years later...