3DCoat Forums

Black Friday - Edu to Prof discount?

EduardoMC

Go to solution Solved by EduardoMC,

• Reputable Contributor

I contacted Stas (Sales Manager), with this question and am waiting for a reply back. Knowing that the EDU license-holder typically just pays the difference between the two (like most other software companies do), when that discount is factored in, the difference would be roughly $180 rather than $280. They are about 8hrs ahead of Central Dalylight Time, so hopefully there will be an answer forthcoming shortly. In the mean time, what you could do is e-mail them (sales@3d-coat.com) and ask this question. If the deal passes by before you get an answer, I'm sure Stas will give you credit for inquiring within the alloted time frame.

I contacted Stas (Sales Manager), with this question and am waiting for a reply back. Knowing that the EDU license-holder typically just pays the difference between the two (like most other software companies do), when that discount is factored in, the difference would be roughly $180 rather than $280. They are about 8hrs ahead of Central Dalylight Time, so hopefully there will be an answer forthcoming shortly. In the mean time, what you could do is e-mail them (sales@3d-coat.com) and ask this question. If the deal passes by before you get an answer, I'm sure Stas will give you credit for inquiring within the alloted time frame.

Alright, will do! Thanks!

Edited by EduardoMC

• Reputable Contributor

There are updated discount options on that page now, and the sale is now in effect. I think they are extending it long enough to account for different time zones and such.

Darn, was hoping for a discount on the $99 V3 to V4 upgrade to check out the recent improvements. Hopefully something in the holidays then...?

Send them and e-mail (sales@3d-coat.com) and I'm sure they'll work something out for you, in that regard. They probably hadn't thought about a V3 EDU to V4 EDU upgrade.

• Reputable Contributor

Got my key! :D It was $205 which is higher than what I expected ($180) but hey saving ~75 dollars is still a pretty good deal. :)

Good to hear. Sorry for being off on my guess, but it was within $25, and It's definitely worth every penny. Especially considering the new PBR stuff coming and a few more years worth of free updates. A lot of cool stuff should be coming down the pike (ie. Sculpt Layers per object in the Sculpt room and adding more poly-modeling tools to the Retopo room, so it can be used as a full-fledged poly-modeling toolset, etc.) 

Good to hear. Sorry for being off on my guess, but it was within $25, and It's definitely worth every penny. Especially considering the new PBR stuff coming and a few more years worth of free updates. A lot of cool stuff should be coming down the pike (ie. Sculpt Layers per object in the Sculpt room and adding more poly-modeling tools to the Retopo room, so it can be used as a full-fledged poly-modeling toolset, etc.) 

It wasn't just your guess though! I also expected it to be $180 since I swear I saw it a couple of years back at that price. :D

The poly modeling tools sound exciting, hopefully they are even better than what's coming for ZBrush in terms of poly modeling. :)