3DCoat Forums

[SOLVED] Steam Users Forgotten ?

• Advanced Member

The steam version is still stuck on 4.0.03. There are many new features in the newer versions but Steam hasn't automatically pushed out any updates. Have Steam users been forgotten?

Is there some way I can update my license to 4.0.05?

If I am at a disadvantage when using the STeam version, can a 'swap' my license for a 'normal' non-steam version of the software?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • Reputable Contributor

I understand that we cna manually get a copy, but i actually use 3D-Coat on multiple mahcines via Steam and so it would be nice if the Steam veriosn got released updates as well.

The updates you see here are Beta. I doubt Steam wants to keep updating beta builds every week or so. Whenever there is a "Stable version" that is when Steam will likely update it. It's not Pilgway's call to make. If you have an issue with 3D Coat's availability on Steam, then Steam is the party you need to take it up with.

An example is the Auto Retopo work. It has spanned over a number of different builds, working the kinks out, and improving the algorithm. So, when it's all done and stable, then you'll likely see that build available on Steam.

Edited by AbnRanger

Steam gets only builds listed as STABLE, you'll definitely not see a beta build on there. So, unless you're an avid tester, early adopter or sometimes enjoy bashing your brains on a keyboard, I'd stick with the Steam builds. ;)

For what it's worth, you don't need to "swap" licenses, you can use Steam licenses for these beta builds as well.

• 5 months later...
  • Advanced Member

How do I get the V4.1 Beta? I am a Steam user I have updated to 4.1.00, I keep getting crashes in the retopo room when unwrapping my models. I don't even get the option to fill in a bug report 3DC just shuts down completely as if I hit the X button :(

Really need the updated version cos this stops me from working. 3D - Coat is my only tool I use for UV'ing :(

I tried the steps in the forum link that carlosan posted above but in my 3D - Coat V3 folder I have no files at all (apart from one called Exchange) all my files are in 3D - Coat V4 folder. I am so confused, I am lost without my 3D  - Coat lol.

Edited by ScrotieFlapWack

• Advanced Member

i think it depends what country you pick when buying the software. that payment gateway seems to automatically apply vat if you pick a EU country. Maybe steam doesn't do that...