3DCoat Forums

Surface noise in voxel mode too and a noise editor

kirkl

• Advanced Member

Would be great to have the procedural surface noise working not only in MV and PP mode(fill modulators) but in voxel mode too.

Also would be great to have a simple curve editor for procedural noise distribution like Zbrush have at least. Maybe even a kind of node based editor . (something similar to Blender node based textures)

• Advanced Member

Yes, was thinking of this also. it would be nice to have a node based procedural texture creator. I love the fill tool but it would be better if there was more ability to modify or create new textures.

Tom

• 2 years later...

Yes, was thinking of this also. it would be nice to have a node based procedural texture creator. I love the fill tool but it would be better if there was more ability to modify or create new textures.

Tom

+100000000000000000000000000000000

0001347: Add Surface noise generator

http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=1347

• Reputable Contributor

+100000000000000000000000000000000

I asked Raul about this, and used ZBrush's Noise generator as an example. He asked me if it was noise generated on texture maps (like 3D Coat's image-based sculpting) or mesh-based (similar to the procedural noise in LiveClay's General Brush)? I don't know ZBrush well enough to answer that question.

This could make it MUCH easier to do Reptile scales on a model, wood grain patterns, etc.

Edited by AbnRanger

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...