3DCoat Forums

Brush Size, my wimpy muscles, does anyone know...?

Chloe99

I have sculpted many voxel-based sculptures with 3DC. I am using the muscle tool. For some reason, the muscle shape drawn is only about 10% of the brush circle-shape size chosen. Other tools-- clay, smooth, operate with the selected brush size.

I assume some setting was inadvertently changed somewhere. I've tried closing and opening other files but, even in those, the muscle drawn is only about 10% of the brush size chosen. Any ideas why?

i "Reset this page to default" (the voxels page), but still the focal shift slider does not appear in the top nav bar.

I can't figure out how to display the focal shift slider. On this 3d coat tutorial video I see a slider there:

When I click the ~ to bring up the floating panel there is Radius, Falloff, Depth, Opacity & Specularity, but no Focal Shift.

I just downloaded and installed the most recent 3DC version and there is still no focal shift slider in the voxels room. I'm afraid somehow the focal shift was changed but I cant access the slider. Any idea?

• Reputable Contributor

For the later 3.7 series and the beta 4 series, Focal shift has to be first selected in the preferences menu \ brushing section for it to show up in the top tool panel tool panel.

I would test the muscle tool on a default scene from the new menu for voxel mode...

Close 3DCoat and reopen for the new scene.

Choose one of the voxel spheres

Test the muscle tool. If it works correctly then you know it is a problem related to that scene which appears to have a scanned voxel object in it...

I started a new file, selected a sphere primitive. Same weird muscle-brush size discrepancy. I changed preferences to add focal to top tool panel.

I uninstalled 3DC. The deleted the 3DC folder from Program Files folder. When I reopened 3DC, same thing. I previously customized the UI and my UI customization is still there. Any idea how I can utterly delete everthing related to 3DC so I can reinstall it then this would have to be back to normal, right??? I've wasted hours on this. I'm happy to do anything that would fix it.

I'm afraid I delete all the program files including In that case just go into C:\Users\Yourusername\Documents\3D-CoatV3, then reinstalled.

I'm not using a tablet. There may have been a setting related to that, I don't know. That's one possible fix I didn't track down.

but total reinstall did it for me. thanks.