3DCoat Forums

my wip

chingchong

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Advanced Member

trying to improve my 2D skills ,  little sketching while watching  "The Mentalist" season 6, (which ended as "reference" for sketching)

inspired by this thread http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91898, (noticable progress)

..... i also share same problem, lacking in  painting/ sketching :D. (hopefully there will be some progress for me too.)

Hope you dont mind, if im putting  also 2d pics here

post-9328-0-57228000-1381703032_thumb.jp

Edited by chingchong

• Advanced Member

Trying out Artmans presets, (Thank you very much, your presets gave me back faith in sculpting abilities of 3DC)

Just a regular guy, based on bust of 3DC

I experienced one problem, how can i adjust the distance between the eyeballs?

They are in one layer with symetry on.

post-9328-0-93292800-1382215399_thumb.jp

• Advanced Member

An old asian guy, 2million tris ,   2h

Man, that was fun to sculpt ... I'm lovin it :yahoo: ... :wub:

(just upgraded last week to V4, what a difference)

post-9328-0-21759800-1382392776_thumb.jp

Thanks Andrew for programming,

Artman for presets and

Beat Kitano for your streams (was very instructive)

Does anyone have a tip for hair-workflow?

Edited by chingchong
  • Like 1

• Advanced Member

Update of my sculpt posted before

post-9328-0-37253400-1382477742_thumb.jp

Hope he looks now more Asian (besides the green Eyes of the J-Eye Shader, how can i change the iris of the shader?),

I adjusted the Eyelids and Eyehole for a more asian look.

Does it look asian too you?

Trying to get best results for Hair, this one is a Voxlayer sculpted.

@Tony Nemo: hope this time it doesnt look like a rug :D

Edited by chingchong

• Contributor

Looking good! I think it's only possible to smooth the margin of contact that will create a natural transition and it's probably best done in the Paint room with a smidgeon of transparency where the hair meets the skull. You have a natural skill with character faces.

• Advanced Member

Looking good! I think it's only possible to smooth the margin of contact that will create a natural transition and it's probably best done in the Paint room with a smidgeon of transparency where the hair meets the skull. You have a natural skill with character faces.

thanks for the tipp, i'll try this.

And happy birthday Tony... 7 is great number and double 7 even more... congratulations

Edited by chingchong

Hi

Nice models !

I remember -time ago- learn something about eye shapes in a Francesco Della Ragione's post at polycount forum.

The first 3 are our common sculpted shapes.

The another ones are from human photos.

post-10142-0-69040200-1382916112_thumb.j

• Contributor
I remember -time ago- learn something about eye shapes in a Francesco Della Ragione's post at polycount forum.

The first 3 are our common sculpted shapes.

The another ones are from human photos.

Very interesting. Carlos, do you think you could dig out a link to this thread @ polycount?

Edited by ajz3d

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

@ Tony Nemo: yes on all cloth parts, just fiddled with the 3 parameters to get the results, sometimes i stopped sim

, subdivided mesh anf started again.

You can even use that tool for some baggy pockets :))

Found it handy to improve my sculpts.

p.s.: all cloth meshes were adjusted retopoes from the basemesh (body-sculpt).

Clothtest3c.jpg

Edited by chingchong

• Advanced Member

@ Malo:

I didnt stop the time, but mostly 1 minute  up to maybe 5 minutes. It really depends on the distance  which your mesh has to cover, and on the gravitiy parameter. (Das Unterhemd hat höchstens ne minute gebraucht, die Hose auch)

For me it seems fast enough, but i havent tested other apps for that feature. One day i will try it in modo, but ive tho learn first the other parts of it ^^.

Maybe its fast, because im not using a uber subdivided mesh for simulation. Im doing more subdivision only after the end of simulation as recommended in the short tool info.

For now i dont see how its best to export the cloth in other apps, since a retopo of the thin cloth would be really hard and autopo doesnt do the job for me. Maybe its to thin, or maybe it needs other parameters.

But now i have at least the feeling to be able to control the tool, not vice versa.

Where the dead end of the workflow is, time will show ^^

Whats really cool, you can manipulate the parameter, even if you started the simulation, so you get a live update of the simulated proxymesh.

Edited by chingchong

• Advanced Member

trying to get some detailed sculpting with tools in 3DC ( Zbrush Reference -Henning Sanden http://henningsanden.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Untitled-1.png)

Used only Clay(Artman), Tweak,and Mud/Mud2. To this point the Mud tools are great (if not best) for detailing eyelids, hair and beard

Seems quite sharp in the viewport, although they are blurred out in the lowres-render^^.

Metusalem_23.jpg

• Like 2