3DCoat Forums

How do i see all brush alphas in paintroom

worldcrafter

• Reputable Contributor

In the brush panel on the far right is a drop down arrow. Drop down the list, go to "Folder" and choose default.

....or under FOLDER, choose the one you want to use. If you downloaded and installed the Brush packs in the 3DC Exchange Library section, you will probably see those among the choices. Problem is, by default 3D Coat remembers and loads the brush alpha for each tool you use. That's why it keeps switching you back. You can disable that by going to the EDIT menu > PREFERENCES > under the General tab...midway down, un-check "Remember Brush for each Tool"

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

Thanks for clear instructions and explanation AbnRanger

Glad to help. That's the inevitable result of other people's requests. :D  It may be an awesome time-saver for them, but be a PITA to you. Someone, a long time ago asked Andrew to make it so they didn't have to keep changing their brush alpha and draw mode each time they go back to a tool they were using previously. That's cool in some situations, but a major pain in others.I usually un-check it myself, and just create tool presets with those brush alphas and such.