3DCoat Forums

Sketchy Looking Filters

kay_Eva

• Advanced Member

Hey there, the other day I kind of began to get the feel of using volumetric sculpting and when I was looking at a model I took a screenshot and then used Paint.NET filters so it will look sort of like a drawing. I thought it was neat. :pardon:

post-1190-1237069864_thumb.png

Oh and here's without filters also without horns :o

post-1190-1237070740_thumb.png

Also what I could use a little input on is which do you prefer: the one above, or the one below, and why?

post-1190-1237075992_thumb.png

• Advanced Member
What I'm trying to do here is correct the anatomy proportions using transpose tool, however if I use it I get these voxel artifacts.

post-1190-1237246728_thumb.png

Artifacts...yes I have the same problem with the move tool.

Artifacts aside...She's looking good. I think though... even though she is emaciated that her upper rib bones are a little too prominent.

P. Monk

• Contributor
Just a quick update: The wrinkles are supposed to be folds in the clothing =o

They probably don't look like it :D

I'm taking experienced input.

Kind of winged it on anatomy and there are voxel artifacts in it too

Looking good Kay.You may try smoothing the wrinkles out more and use vox pinch to thin some areas out.Also take off symmetry and work the two sides separately at times. I also find using the snake brush set to worm makes quick wrinkles.You just have to experiment.Other wise it's looking good. :)

• Advanced Member

Pimpmymonkey: thanks, basically her life force is being sustained by magic so it's okay if it looks a little bit eerie and unnatural I feel - she's not supposed to be a zombie though =p

Andrew: thanks Andrew I feel so thankful for and pampered by 3d-Coat so even the artifacts feel luxurious =)

Tree: thank you, for detailing I use Draw with Pen (sharp pen) primarily. For wrinkles I'm finding that I like to mix Draw with Pen for making them sharper along with Follow Voxel in order to push them around. Also Clay for making the initial bulges if the fold is really prominent.

Okay here is update with proportions - she only has 3 toes though at the moment, as I feel that transpose brush would help to squeeze the toes together without fusing them. Also I'm now getting artifacts with other brushes such as I was using Draw with Pen for detailing folds in her pants but the artifacts showed up. I'm patient about it though, it's not a big problem at all. I luv 3dCoat =)

post-1190-1237345902_thumb.png

• Advanced Member
heh heh!

hope u don't mind if i update again! :pardon:

I just thought I really like the ink sketch filter it looks like an "old style" comic book to me

post-1190-1237437490_thumb.png

Hi kay,

I really like your sexy new avatar :rolleyes:

What is this sketch filter that you refer to? Where do I find it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

P. Monk

• Advanced Member
oh hey there it's just a ink sketch filter in Paint.NET

Ahhhh! Thanks for your reply. I guess that if I were a little brighter I would have deduced that out from your original post. 80

Anyway I found it. It's funny or maybe stupid (depending on your point of view), I have been using Paint.net for years and never looked at the plug-ins.

I like this one. Thanks again.

P. Monk

post-589-1238347980_thumb.png