3DCoat Forums

Version 4 New Features Video Is Awesome!

• Contributor

Man, I love this video! It somehow really captures the essence of how awesome 3D-Coat is!

Just plain fun to model stuff without worrying about technical details too much...but the results still look great!

And I like the music too...anybody know who wrote it?

• Reputable Contributor

Man, I love this video! It somehow really captures the essence of how awesome 3D-Coat is!

Just plain fun to model stuff without worrying about technical details too much...but the results still look great!

And I like the music too...anybody know who wrote it?

Thanks for the kind words. It's an artist I know personally, and the song is here:

http://megasynth.ban...k/feel-pressure

I think the title is perhaps a little ironic, cause now maybe Pixologic can "Feel Pressure." :D

This one was used for the rough cut video Steam used for the last several months:

http://www.newground...o/listen/325798

• Advanced Member

Yeah, so I was like "how good could a new features video be??" and I finally watched it and was like damn that IS a good promo video. And I too really dig the music. It gets you exicted about 3DCoat and your timelapses with some nice editing choices that fit the music was great. I also like that it showed a variety of types of art and wasn't too heavy in the fantasy beast thing. Didn't show any of the new importing, painting or baking features - maybe those are bug fixes? But this is a cool video nonetheless.

Makes me realize I need to pay for this beta version we've been using for months now. I want the upgrade to be released so we can do that, but I'm holding out for a few more painting or UI features... ;)

And you are welcome, for me not resorting to posting a "first I was like" meme pic illustrating my 3DCoat joy :p

• Reputable Contributor

Very nice marketing video. Really good. But I hope they will not use the digit "4" at 3D Coat "4". It looks like a font of the 80s and don't fit to the main logo.

;)

Best wishes

Chris

Went through dozens and dozens of variants, with different people, for 2 days or more. Everyone has their own opinions/tastes and I swear it is impossible to suit everyone's pallet. Perhaps you'd like to give it a try. ;)

Went through dozens and dozens of variants, with different people, for 2 days or more. Everyone has their own opinions/tastes and I swear it is impossible to suit everyone's pallet. Perhaps you'd like to give it a try. ;)

Shure. Who is the one I have to send it to?

:)

• Reputable Contributor

Shure. Who is the one I have to send it to?

:)

Stas. Seeing that most games use some form of modern, bold, sci-fi font, I fail to see how using one is suddenly something from 1980's? I took Typography in college, so I have a good understanding of the principles involved. Thus, there was a lot of thought and iterations that went into the font selection/usage. Including one that fit using V in the design. One that also allowed placement of the 4 both to the right and below the "T" in 3D Coat. Even spent time cycling through over 100 different fonts with Daniel (part of the Pilgway staff). In my opinion, if it meets all the necessary design and typography principles, then it's just a matter of personal preference. Maybe yours is whole lot mo' better. ;)

• Reputable Contributor

Another Excellent video AbnRanger!

Really appreciate your top notch videos on the Official YouTube Channel. They are some of the best I've seen, bar none.

Thanks for the encouragement. Had to put it on hold a bit while working on this, but there should be some more going up soon.

Thanks for the links AbnRanger! Are they the same artist? "The Guiding Light" song isn't on the Mega Synth album I don't think. All of it is great music though!

They are the same guy, just different sites. Stas originally gave the ok to use it then vacilated back and forth whether to use it or not. I liked it for the purpose at hand. Seemed to have a little Skrillex (popular band right now) flavor, in parts of the music.

• Advanced Member

The video is nice. Leighs work great as usual and the intro animation is cool. The others could use some level up since this is a showcase for 3dcoats best works. Objective crit that's all.

If we have some work on this level for the reel that would better.

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117608

• Advanced Member

The video is nice. Leighs work great as usual and the intro animation is cool. The others could use some level up since this is a showcase for 3dcoats best works. Objective crit that's all.

If we have some work on this level for the reel that would better.

http://www.polycount...ad.php?t=117608

The marmoset renders are really nice. I'm going to have to take a closer look at it sometime. It would be misleading to show renders from another app in a 3D-Coat promo video though.

• Contributor

Seemed to have a little Skrillex (popular band right now) flavor, in parts of the music.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Skrillex, that's probably why I like the Mega Synth song too.

I think what Skrillex does with music is sort of an audio interpretation of what we do with 3D-Coat. In other words, Skrillex cuts up audio clips and pastes them together to make great songs, just like we kitbash in 3D-Coat to make awesome 3D models!

• 1 month later...