3DCoat Forums

Mudbox 2011 Subscription looks great !

gogolo

• Reputable Contributor

I can see one thing for certain that I'm going to have to start using my seat of Mudbox for, and that is the new posing tools. At first I didn't think they were anything different from 3DC's, but this video shows in fact that they are more fully developed. I haven't been able to get any decent posing (for characters anyway) with the Pose tool in 3DC. It takes some real patience and skill to massage something workable. It's good for a number of things, but I can see right now that it's waste of time trying to pose characters, when MB has better developed tools to handle the task.

No worries, though. Each application has their own unique strengths and I'm just going to have to learn to fit MB into the process, at certain points, more often.

• Advanced Member

I can see one thing for certain that I'm going to have to start using my seat of Mudbox for, and that is the new posing tools. At first I didn't think they were anything different from 3DC's, but this video shows in fact that they are more fully developed. I haven't been able to get any decent posing (for characters anyway) with the Pose tool in 3DC. It takes some real patience and skill to massage something workable. It's good for a number of things, but I can see right now that it's waste of time trying to pose characters, when MB has better developed tools to handle the task.

No worries, though. Each application has their own unique strengths and I'm just going to have to learn to fit MB into the process, at certain points, more often.

QFA, i bought a copy of Zbrush, but i like the painting tools and posing tools in MB better, so i may drop some money on MB later in the year.