3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat V3 release candidate for Linux!

Disabled all Visual Effects by Default =/

And the Distortion starts directly after opening the default Head in every Mode for example.

Puddie

puddie

RC4 has been updated just now. It contains additional executable “3d-coat-64-TEST”. Please report do you still have manipulators / mesh distortions with that executable?

ahahahaha!

I just did it, I purchased 3d coat. I have to admit, since I am a very big open source fan(blender, gimp, ubuntu...) this is the second time I ever purchased a software package, for the reasons that the price is very fair for what you get, for the huge effort put in by the author, and for the fact there's a very good working version under linux :)

I am happy about the purchase.

Thanks a lot for fixing the reported bugs, I will report if I find more.

AWESOME!

Thanks.

Will be testing straight away.

I haven't upgrade to V3 yet. My computer is a bit slow but I'm moving house so don't want to buy a new one. I will be doing so soon. Quad core 64 bit Linux system.

I promise I'll be getting into this app more.

Keep up this awesome work.

ahahahaha!

I just did it, I purchased 3d coat. I have to admit, since I am a very big open source fan(blender, gimp, ubuntu...) this is the second time I ever purchased a software package, for the reasons that the price is very fair for what you get, for the huge effort put in by the author, and for the fact there's a very good working version under linux :)

I am happy about the purchase.

Thanks a lot for fixing the reported bugs, I will report if I find more.

Thanks for support!

I've got two problems with 3D-Coat and Linux.

1. The Transform tool is distored.

2. Non of my imported models (.lwo and .obj) will be displayed correctly. Only if the models are loaded with 3D-Coats native file format they will display corret.

Imported models via .lwo format will not be displayed.

Imported models via .obj format are not displayed or get mesh distortions.

Log file is attached.

No problems with .3b file format:

post-1885-1249812625_thumb.jpg

Same model imported as .lwo file:

post-1885-1249812650_thumb.jpg

Log.txt

I'm sorry if I've missed something... I tried searching through the forum ...

I'm by no means a Linux expert.... but right now I'm on Suse 11.1 with KDE 4. I tried the regular 3D-Coat but it didn't work. Then I thought I saw some stuff in the forum that the current Linux version was only for 64 bit, but that there was a Beta for 32bit? So I went and installed that. However, when I run 3D-Coat, it just comes up black. I can't figure out what the problem could be. I'm hoping the answer isn't so obvious that I look like an idiot, but any ideas?

Here is a screenshot....

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/8474/3dcoatscreencap.jpg

Some other info:

Video card: GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X/AGP/SSE2

XOrg: X.Org X Server 1.5.2

Kernel version: 2.6.27.25-0.1-pae

(Thanks to my wonderful husband for helping me find that info... he knows a lot more about Linux than I do!)

Video card is problem. It is too old. It does not support shaders.

Thank you for your quick reply, and thanks for all you do! :)

I have a birthday coming up! Maybe getting a new video card is a possibility! :)

Also, what shader model does 3DCoat use?

• Applink Developer

there is something that I can't really understand. When I render something. and it has done all the Rays. But it still seems that even when it's done my cpu is working. It stops when I press

ESC. It would be nicer if cpu work would stop when all the rays are done.

• Applink Developer

Hi there! I have some issues. The problem is that those bugs only occur with my sculpted file ( 300MB). This would be a good testing file for big files in 3d-coat. It's the monster you have seen in WIP area. I would like to send this file

to you Andrew that you could look into this or SERGYI. The only problem is that all the file sharing files pages in internet dosen't work with my ubuntu 9.04 Right now so I can't use them. Is it possible to send by using gmail?

Hi there! I have some issues. The problem is that those bugs only occur with my sculpted file ( 300MB). This would be a good testing file for big files in 3d-coat. It's the monster you have seen in WIP area. I would like to send this file

to you Andrew that you could look into this or SERGYI. The only problem is that all the file sharing files pages in internet dosen't work with my ubuntu 9.04 Right now so I can't use them. Is it possible to send by using gmail?

Try 7-zip. It packs files very very strongly.

Then use any share service like mediafire.com or divshare.com

Also, please descirbe problem.

Try 7-zip. It packs files very very strongly.

Then use any share service like mediafire.com or divshare.com

Also, please describe problem.

• Applink Developer

http://www.divshare.com/download/8233505-9aa

Okey. Here is a file for you. If you go to retopoly mode and then choose

retopo -> Bake texture and if you create Displacement map it will create nice

map for you. But if you choose. Merge into scene(Microvertexs) and then

texture -> export -> Displacement Map (current or all layer) I'm not able to

get good displacement maps. And last option if you choose Merge into scene(Per

Pixel) it stops during process and dosen't go anywhere. Hope this helps.

P.W if someone wants to see how I sculpted this model, feel free to download and have some fun.

• Advanced Member
Today I installed 3d-coat into my parents computer I it seems that there is same display problem what have been discussed before.

Here is screenshot and my log file. I used 32-bit version and my graphics card is ati 3650 hd.

post-1165-1250840813_thumb.png Log.txt

Same bug here. Because to ATI card :(.

• 3 months later...

I can confirm the display bug related to OBJ import.

I'm currently using the 3.1.14 64bit binary on (k)ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope, and have tried 3.1.17. Both are not able to display the imported meshes.

Hardware is Core2 Duo E8400 / GeForce 9800GT green edition.

I've noted another strange behaviour, which I assume is not intended to work that way: transform tool's numeric input fields don't let you input non-integer coordinate values (i.e. any value is truncated). However, non-integer values are displayed, if you move/scale things interactively.

• 4 weeks later...

In 3.1.19, the OBJ/LWO import facilities still do not work (and in the release notes up to 3.1.20 it is mentioned nowhere).

This really is a major issue - on Linux, 3DC seems to be unusable for all but Voxel sculpting, as you can't import existing stuff for retopo, per-pixel painting etc. (which I would love to do ...).

Is there a chance this will be fixed soon?

PS.:

a bit late ... but: merry X-mas all! :)

• 2 weeks later...