3DCoat Forums

Deleting Polys

stusutcliffe

Go to solution Solved by digman,

• Advanced Member

Is  it possible to delete a ring/loop of polys? It is a bit time consuming tapping each one in turn. 

At the moment I am deleting polys of the end of fingers so I delete a loop and then ctrl+ delete the leftovers . It would be great to just click a loop to delete it then ctrl delete the chunk at the tip.

• Reputable Contributor
  • Solution

Yes that would be good to have, Select one polygon and then press R or L key to select the different kind of loops.

For now I use the Lasso tool from the E-panel to select multiple polygons to delete when I have "Select" chosen in the Left tool bar.

Deselect Auto in the top tool bar and choose Faces instead.

Select the polygons and then use the Delete key...

Second method:

If the tip of the fingers polygons are disconnected from the rest of the mesh, In the left tool bar select "Del. Polygons"

Now hold down the Ctrl key and hover over the disconnected polygons. All the finger tip polygons will be highlighted.

Click your left mouse button to delete them. If you are using a tablet, just press the tablet pen to the tablet after the polygons are highlighted to delete them.

post-518-0-51208300-1425140970_thumb.png

Edited by digman
  • Like 1

• Advanced Member

Thank you digman, that is what was required. I did it one poly at a time ,so its done for today, hopefully I will try and remember for next time.

The main lesson I learned today was ,  If you are zremeshing ...do not have pointy fingernails attached to the hand...keep them separate, and save 2 hours of your life trying to fix them. Zremesher is brilliant,but does not like sticky out bits!.....