3DCoat Forums

Help with UV TEXTURE TRANSFER..

kiAmz

Go to solution Solved by Zafio,

HI? im new here in 3d coat.. and new in 3d editing.. 

how can i transfer UV Texture.. to a 3d object? is there any way i can do that?? TGA file or PNG file UV.. transfer to 3D Coat OBJ.?

and last.. can i transfer an OBJ with existing texture to 3d coat?? without 3d coat removing the texture ? 

when i transfer an .obj with texture to 3d coat.. the texture is removed.. why?

post-39346-0-08647700-1432494333_thumb.p

post-39346-0-35404200-1432494411_thumb.p

• Solution

Hi KiAmz, with the model loaded, go to the top menu > texture > import 

3DCoat will import the textures if it finds a .mtl file with the same name as the .obj, so from whatever software you export the .obj, you should find and check the option to export the material file.

Regards.

Hi KiAmz, with the model loaded, go to the top menu > texture > import 

3DCoat will import the textures if it finds a .mtl file with the same name as the .obj, so from whatever software you export the .obj, you should find and check the option to export the material file.

Regards.

i edited the UV on Photoshop.. i mean i painted the UV on photoshop... then save it from photoshop. Now i loaded the .OBJ on 3D coat.. and i want to transfer the UV i painted on photoshop to 3d coat.. how can i transfer it?? i cant save .mtl on photoshop theres no .mtl on my photoshop... i want to transfer the photoshop painted UV in the .OBJ on 3D coat... how? btw thanks for the reply sir :) and last.. i tried to do what u said.. the TEXTURE > IMPORT ... and then.. ? nxt to import? i mean i want to import the painted UV i maid.. when i click import theres still a lot of option.. what option should i pick? to import the painted UV? import layers? import specular layers? normal map? import depth layers?.. or import layer colors? thanks sir :)