3DCoat Forums

Different bake cages

orlando

Hi there,

As far as I can see 3D-Coat doesn't provide a per-subobject bake cage distance control. You always have to set the min and max distance globally for the entire object even when it consists of different sub-objects where each would strongly profit from custom bake distances. The only thing you can do is to set those fiddly influence spheres.

My idea was to bake out normal maps subobject by subobject. Problem here is that 3D-Coat creates a new uv-set for each subobject and doesn't merge down to the same uv-set even when all subjects are assigned to the same set.

Hope you understand what I mean. English is not my native tongue so sorry for any confusion I produce.

Anyway, my question is: Is there a way to merge down all uv-sets and every normal maps that are linked to them?

• 2 years later...
  • Advanced Member

In the new version (I think introduced in 4.7), you can paint the cage with a brush. I think this is a better solution then the older sphere method. And you don't need a script to combine the different UV sets, you can do this with "Unify UV" in retopo room, but as you said, the baked maps are not combined.