3DCoat Forums

Steam Autumn/Christmas Sale

Arganth

I have a question about this.

Why would i buy a discounted licence (today Blackfiday sale) at 3d coat website, when buying on steam without discount is still cheaper for me?

Discounted 3D Coat Professional website price inc. VAT is 332€

Regular Steamprice: 290€

Will there be a steam sale (blackfriday or xmas)?

• Reputable Contributor

I have a question about this.

Why would i buy a discounted licence (today Blackfiday sale) at 3d coat website, when buying on steam without discount is still cheaper for me?

Discounted 3D Coat Professional website price inc. VAT is 332€

Regular Steamprice: 290€

Will there be a steam sale (blackfriday or xmas)?

What do you mean the regular price (for the Professional version) is 290? On this link it clearly shows it is $379.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/100980/

• Reputable Contributor

Maybe the Steam price depends on the region? I have it displayed as 289,99€, including VAT.

I'll have to let Andrew know about this. I don't think he intended for their to be such a big discrepancy between US customers and European customers. It must be some kind of glitch on Steam's side. Steam is a bit of a headache for them because there is some kind of transfer fee or something in the US, that maybe isn't there in Europe or something. But they told me they effectively lose money selling through Steam, especially the Professional version. Steam gets a big cut. They have to offer a discount plus lose money in US transfer fee.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them just stop selling on Steam altogether, at some point in the future.

Thank you for this explanation!

It would be very interesting to know if there will be a sale in steam. As I dont have an EU vat ID. I am just a hobbyist who wants to Start with 3d coat and cannot effort it at the regular price. I want to buy the professional Version because I dont like the layer limitation. This is why I am checking steam and 3d coat website since June 2015 for a sale. So I was really looking forward for black friday sale and was disappointed when I realized that there is no real discount for me.

Is it worth waiting for a xmas sale in steam?

Best regards

h4voc

• Reputable Contributor

Thank you for this explanation!

It would be very interesting to know if there will be a sale in steam. As I dont have an EU vat ID. I am just a hobbyist who wants to Start with 3d coat and cannot effort it at the regular price. I want to buy the professional Version because I dont like the layer limitation. This is why I am checking steam and 3d coat website since June 2015 for a sale. So I was really looking forward for black friday sale and was disappointed when I realized that there is no real discount for me.

Is it worth waiting for a xmas sale in steam?

Best regards

h4voc

Even if there is no sale on Steam, 3D Coat pays for itself many times over, cause it does so much and is so aggressively developed. Plus, there are hundreds of updates/feature additions during each major cycle (ie, V3, V4, etc). One also has to remember, if the developer is losing a lot of financial resources, they have to cut the number of developers they have working on the app. There is so much on the To Do list, Andrew needs all the help he can get.

So, if you one wants more things in 3D Coat OpenCL accelerated, for example, they want Andrew to have the resources to keep his OpenCL programmer to stay on staff, so he can. We all want a great deal, but there also needs to be a little balance. Some plugins I've been looking at are just way overpriced for what they do. Others are incredibly affordable and feature-rich. 3D Coat is one of the latter. It does so much, so well, for so little.

• Like 1