3DCoat Forums
  1. General

1. Announcements

This area contains official announcements from the Pilgway team

3. New Releases, Bugs Reports & Development Discussion

This is a section of the forum specifically for final and beta releases and discussing new developments. Also to report any new bug found.

1. General 3DCoat

Discussions related to 3DCoat, and also share ideas for improving the program.

SDK, scripts & plugins development. If you want to create or share custom scripts & plugin(s) for 3DCoat, you can find the information here to do so.

3. SOS! If you need urgent help for 3DCoat

Any urgent matter that needs to be dealt with as soon as possible

1. CG & Hardware Discussion

CG meeting area. General Discussion, News, films, games discussions, etc.

Have a Brush, Stencils, Smart Materials, Shaders, Extension, etc. you'd like to share ?
      Post it here !

1. 264

• Are you using this settings in Camera Menu ?
    • I imported a model with many different parts to 3d Coat Textura. Knowing that each have to have its own material in order to keep the UVs separate, I just made random Lamberts for each one, didn't bother renaming them. After I finish doing all my textures in Textura I go to Texture --> Export --> Color/albedo Map. In the prompt that appears I choose to export all textures. I actually had gone through all the shaders and renamed them in the Surface material window of 3d Coat Textura but upon export I realized that it takes the lamberts sg node as the suffix. Is there a way to change this behavior  or would I have to go back to the original 3D software rename all the shaders and then do the texturing process all over again?         
    • Oh yes I am, but I really couldn't tell you why I chose Threejs over Babylonjs. I think maybe because of the may nice examples 3js has on their site, also all nice showcase sites they have their too. Three.js – JavaScript 3D Library (threejs.org) 
    • the problem with the baking is , it doesn't bake on top of triangles... has to be pure quads
    • Yes Its out already! check the "AutoUpdater" under docs\3dCoat\data
    • Heyyy 0.15 here i come!!! Happy that the Servers are working again. Thank You for all the new and recoded Stuff! 
    • 为什么呜 为什么鼠标从选择框中分离出来?
    • To start off: The things that I love - Auto-welding of vertices dragged within close proximity. Please keep this functionality intact (but perhaps needs to be an option?) Points to Polygons is my favorite for detailed hand retopology and any of the many tools that allow me to just tweak/move vertices in screen space with RMB. UV tools are/always have been a pleasure to use... set seams, unfold, onto painting! Modeling room blockout -> live smooth -> sculpt room worflow - It's so nice to be able to do this, IMO. As someone who has used 3d-coat's poly-modeling functionality even before the 'modeling' room existed  I have a few things that I would like to see: Transform Hierarchy in the Poly Groups - UI much like hierarchy in the sculpt tree, but only for transform so that poly groups can be parented and transformed relative to one another.   Isolated selection - Selection tools should only allow me to select the components within the poly group that I have selected.   A uniform way of setting the transform space of the gizmo. Perhaps a function to cycle through Local (Normal), World, Parent, Screen spaces for the Gizmo. Screen information to tell me so (perhaps this would be visible in tool options)   Standard selection behavior - I think others have suggested this - to have the LMB drag a rectangular lasso when dragging the mouse - or at least have defaults set to be lasso.   I feel like 3d-coat's modeling tool set has *many tools and could potentially consolidate some of the tools into functions of a modifier or middle mouse button. It could possibly use a portion of the screen - the bottom status bar - to relay contextual functionality - The Softimage UI had a very similar setup to this. It would always let you know what your LMB, RMB, MMB's could do in certain situations and was quite the quick point of reference when learning the software. While the tool mouse-overs are 'okay', you have to keep going back to it and it sort of breaks the flow. I think tooling like 'smart-extrude' could benefit from some functionality like this.   A modeling room 'pose' tool would be handy. I find myself needing to do things like tapering a whole poly group once in a while and it would be nice to have better control that current soft-selection capabilities.   A single, central menu ("Send to" perhaps) for sending models from one room to another, rather than have the options be in different menus/different parts of the UI per-room. I'll leave it at this for the suggestions for now...   
    • Thank you so much! Andrew sent me a working build while the web site was down. I have some ideas for improvement but a few questions also. Is there a current roadmap for features or a trello board where planned features are prioritized?
    • if I right click on the sculpt tree a gray screen appears and I don't see the options, if I'm in voxel mode everything is clearly visible (why?). I have size 10 fonts, if I insert size 9 everything appears perfectly, is this a BUG?? ; I'm old and wear glasses, I can't work with small dimensions, and in any case I use many other software and only with 3dcoat do I always have viewing problems . Can you fix this or should I destroy my eyes? thank you so much