3DCoat Forums

Beta 2 is done. It is even bigger piece of work then BETA1.

The list of features:

1) It is possible to tweak uv-set in View texture mode. You can do it using RMB in wireframe mode.

2) Now you can edit not only in 3D, but in UV-plane! It is really complex change. Almost all tools support work in 2D and 3D. Just open View->View color texture and see how it works.

3) You can make seamless plane texturing in uv-plane! 3D-Coat now can be used very easily to tile textures and make relief. Just import plane and come to View->View color texture.

4) Hide/unhide/Fill can be applied to texture island (cluster)

5) Additional view mode for texture in UV - layout: shaded model

6) Improvement of speed for high-poly models (I hope).

7) Importing pens from 16-bit tif - files

8) Most of reported bugs was fixed

http://www.3d-coat.com/files/3d-Coat-209B2-en.exe

Thanks for testing!

• Advanced Member
Beta 2 is done. It is even bigger piece of work then BETA1.

The list of features:

1) It is possible to tweak uv-set in View texture mode. You can do it using RMB in wireframe mode.

2) Now you can edit not only in 3D, but in UV-plane! It is really complex change. Almost all tools support work in 2D and 3D. Just open View->View color texture and see how it works.

3) You can make seamless plane texturing in uv-plane! 3D-Coat now can be used very easily to tile textures and make relief. Just import plane and come to View->View color texture.

4) Hide/unhide/Fill can be applied to texture island (cluster)

5) Additional view mode for texture in UV - layout: shaded model

6) Improvement of speed for high-poly models (I hope).

7) Importing pens from 16-bit tif - files

8) Most of reported bugs was fixed

http://www.3d-coat.com/files/3d-Coat-209B2-en.exe

Thanks for testing!

Thank you Andrew,

I can't wait to try the tools in 2D. :)

Marc Wakefield

http://www.marcwakefield.co.uk

• Advanced Member

Great update as usual.

I found a small bug :

you can't paint on the 2d view when there's another palette behind

Do you expect to add more Uv editing tools, like a tool to move, rotate and scale Uv islands, and a soft selection to the tweak tool with the right mouse button ?

Very nice update. I think it might be better though if the 2D area was a window, not docked as it is right now it covers up all of my other windows, so I would have remember to move them all away from that area before opening the 2D view, then move them back when I'm done.

• Advanced Member

Great update, Andrew!

I am, however, having issues with 16-bit pens...they don't seem to remain in their folder once

added (created a new folder, added 16-bit .tif pen, closed 3dC, re-opened 3dC and pen isn't visible

in the newly created folder...and their 'hover' name doesn't show in the folder either). Also,

something seems to be going on with the depth that appears a bit buggy:

16_bit.jpg

The image above shows what happens when I switch between pens and change depth value. Additionally,

perhaps it's the mesh carcass density, but the 'jaggy' difference between 16-bit and 8-bit seems

minimal (was expecting 16-bit to be much less 'jaggy'). <scratches head>

I noticed in the last beta, you'd fixed the projection issues with visible/invisible sub-objects (thank you!).

Just thought you might want to also consider making 'locked' sub-objects unaffected by projection from

external editors as well (if one locks a sub-object, but keeps it visible then edits the projection in external

editor the 'locked' sub-object still gets paint, which is a little unintuitive):

proj_sub-obj.jpg

Anyhow, great work on continuing to make 3dC a most useful addition to one's toolkit! :)

Kind regards,

wailingmonkey

• Reputable Contributor

Same problems with 16bit tiff pens. You change pens and come back to your former pen and you just get a round circle as in the picture above.The pen no longer retains it's original form.Also the pen previews do not update for 16 bit tiff pens.The first custom pen I made became the preview pen for all my custom made 16bit tiff pens. The jaggy edges also are not as reduced as I thought they would be.There is a workaround to get smoother pens that I use but less jaggy would be great for 16bit.

*edit... The flat UV painting, WoW!! , You are able to see the uv map shaded to check your work in the texture window and see your cavity painting, outstanding product you have made Andrew!! Thank you....

• Advanced Member
I seems there are some bugs. Ok, I will fix all that stuff soon. Thanks for reports!

My wife is in maternity hospital now, I am waiting for new "release" ! :)

Congratulations Andrew. More to come both updates and "release" ;)

• Advanced Member
I seems there are some bugs. Ok, I will fix all that stuff soon. Thanks for reports!

My wife is in maternity hospital now, I am waiting for new "release" ! :)

All the best Andrew! Is it your first child? My daughter is now 15 month old.

Have fun with 'buffer overflows' of your new release ;)

mike

• Advanced Member
All the best Andrew! Is it your first child? My daughter is now 15 month old.

Have fun with 'buffer overflows' of your new release ;)

mike

The third I guess.And I guess Ukraine must have no "family planning" Policy like in China.In China usually one child in one family is allowed.

Congratulations Andrew!

• Advanced Member
I think it might be better though if the 2D area was a window, not docked as it is right now

Yes, i am second to ask for this. Window would be great, it can be dragged to second monitor, minimized and so on.

Bug:

When asigning different texture sizes to different materials in import mesh dialog, in "UV Set Manager" its appears all in the same size. In "Change mesh and texture resolution" the size is right, but in UV Set Manager its wrong.

P.S.

Andrew, can you please add option to assign shortcut keys to "Show 3D Grid" and "Show Axis" ? Now you can toggle them only from "Options" dialog. BTW, in options dialog i see one error - "Show 2D grid" actually shows 3D grid, real 2D grid can be toggled from "View" -> "Show 2D Grid", i have shortcut for this one, but i need shortcus for 3D grid, if possible.

Thanks, new beta are fantastic, painting on UV is so cool! Editing UV points also good.

One more thing, Andrew, can you make option for showing UV distortion by assigning checker texture ? Or even to show % of distortion by colors, i mean green is undistorted, blue and red its stretched and squashed uvs, hue of those colors shows level of distortion. Like RoadKill or UVLayout.

Yes, i am second to ask for this. Window would be great, it can be dragged to second monitor, minimized and so on.

Speaking of minimizing... This is a big new feature and I think people will use it a lot. It would be helpful to have an interface button for it instead of having to go through the menus.

• Reputable Contributor

Another bug with 16bit pens.They will sometimes start turning invisible the polygons on the model.

The best to you and your family on your "New Release". Happy is the man that has a quiver full, As arrows in a strong man's bow so are the children of the righteous.... :)