3DCoat Forums
Nuts and bolts (OLD, INITIAL VERSION)

© Artur J. Żarek (2015)

Nuts and bolts (OLD, INITIAL VERSION)

ajz3d

All UVs and textures (with the exception of the floor) were done in 3D-Coat V4.5 BETA.

Objects were modelled in NVil/Houdini and the scene was rendered in Mantra. Postprocessing: Houdini.

Copyright

© Artur J. Żarek (2015)

From the album:

Nuts and bolts

• 6 images
  • 0 comments
  • 3 image comments

Photo Information for Nuts and bolts (OLD, INITIAL VERSION)

Recommended Comments

• Advanced Member

Nice to see another Nvil user, great work with the render.  How did the material setup compare to 3DCoat?  Did you find that you needed to tweak the exported materials to get them to work?

• Contributor

Nice to see another Nvil user, great work with the render.  How did the material setup compare to 3DCoat?  Did you find that you needed to tweak the exported materials to get them to work?

Thanks Ghib! Nice to hear a word from a fellow NVil user!

Regarding PBR textures exported from 3D-Coat, only specular colour needed some tweaking. For some reason 3D-Coat exports this texture with alpha channel (it's semi-transparent), so I had to merge it with a solid white layer. I also have a problem with how 3D-Coat handles UDIM tiles, but this I hope will change for the better, eventually. Andrew already made the first step towards better UDIM support in one of the recent versions.

I'm currently working on an improved master shot (to replace this one - it looks way too flat) and on some detail shots, but because each one of them takes several hours to render, it will take some time until I post them here. I should probably set-up HQueue and send the shots to Amazon for cloud rendering.