3DCoat Forums

Thanks to Andrew and the entire team, and also special thanks to Raul "Farsthary" for the great effort.

And thanks largely to the greater community of 3D-Coat that even in times of instability in the development of code always showed their mettle, while bug hunting had to continued.

fireworks_-happy_new_year.gif

• Reputable Contributor

well, about no option to use paypal, is a problem for me, but, Is just more hard work to get my license, but I will soon !

congratulations! 3Dcoat is a very nice program , I'm using last version already and is amazing.

They would if they could, but it's my understanding that their hands are tied. There is some hangup with Paypal in Ukraine, I believe. It only reaches a certain number of countries, and I don't believe that is on the list...so Plimus is the only option. You can always tranfers fund from Paypal to your bank and use your bankcard to make the transaction.

Guess I bought too many years early then upgraded to 3 to qualify for free upgrade to 4.

Oh well, Zbrush 4R5 was free. :)

Zbrush cost twice as much, and at when you consider how little Andrew is charging for an upgrade + the length of time between full versions (4-5yrs), it would take several versions to get that extra $350 back. Think about it.

Pixologic is the only software company to do that, and as competition starts to heat up, we'll see if they can sustain themselves on just new sales. What's more is Andrew adds new features and fixes at a frequent and rapid pace, so there really is no comparison, in that regard. By the way, regardless....why does 3D Coat have to copy Pixologic's business model? They have theirs and Andrew has his.

• Reputable Contributor

This is not to compare software as each artist brain sees the world in a different way... Now for me 3DCoat thinks closer to how I think when using software. I like just to grab a pencil and draw. 3DCoat gives me that ability but in 3D. The new version 4 continues that tradition... :D

• Advanced Member

They would if they could, but it's my understanding that their hands are tied. There is some hangup with Paypal in Ukraine, I believe. It only reaches a certain number of countries, and I don't believe that is on the list...so Plimus is the only option. You can always tranfers fund from Paypal to your bank and use your bankcard to make the transaction.

Zbrush cost twice as much, and at when you consider how little Andrew is charging for an upgrade + the length of time between full versions (4-5yrs), it would take several versions to get that extra $350 back. Think about it.

Pixologic is the only software company to do that, and as competition starts to heat up, we'll see if they can sustain themselves on just new sales. What's more is Andrew adds new features and fixes at a frequent and rapid pace, so there really is no comparison, in that regard. By the way, regardless....why does 3D Coat have to copy Pixologic's business model? They have theirs and Andrew has his.

I got Zbrush way back when it was about $250. I upgraded 3DC from 2 to 3 about five years ago. Guess I don't like that some get an upgrade for free and others don't.

But don't mind me, I just old curmudgeon complaining who can barely see the computer screen anyway. I probably should take up counting leaves.

Signing out, I won't be back.

Edited by T.H. ROCK

• Advanced Member

Just bought my upgrade - thanks Andrew!

One question though - I have 2 serials for 3.x -- one Win & one Mac - when I bought this it just gave me a Win serial - does this also work for Mac? or is it a separate charge now per serial? I thought one license worked for both platforms if it wasn't used simultaneously? I forget, it has been so long since I bought 3.x Can you tell me what the deal is and how to get a v4 Mac serial - or if I need to purchase that too? thanks! :)

Edited by photonvfx

Just bought my upgrade - thanks Andrew!

One question though - I have 2 serials for 3.x -- one Win & one Mac - when I bought this it just gave me a Win serial - does this also work for Mac? or is it a separate charge now per serial? I thought one license worked for both platforms if it wasn't used simultaneously? I forget, it has been so long since I bought 3.x Can you tell me what the deal is and how to get a v4 Mac serial - or if I need to purchase that too? thanks! :)

When you go to the upgrade screen you need to put both serial numbers in (win and mac in your case) to get licenses for both platforms, it costs $10 more for both licenses over a single license.

Edited by Drocket

• Reputable Contributor

I got Zbrush way back when it was about $250. I upgraded 3DC from 2 to 3 about five years ago. Guess I don't like that some get an upgrade for free and others don't.

But don't mind me, I just old curmudgeon complaining who can barely see the computer screen anyway. I probably should take up counting leaves.

Most software companies have a policy that allows for a free upgrade if you purchase within a brief period just before a new release (usually 30-90days). Why? Cause it feels like you're being duped into a double-charge, otherwise. If you bought in several years ago, you got years more use (at least the ability to, anyway) out of your license than new customers. Plus, it was announced since Aug-Sept last year, that anyone who went ahead and bought in (instead of waiting) henceforth, would get the upgrade for free. Essentially a pre-release. So, on what grounds should you feel cheated?

And why should Andrew adjust his business model based on what Pixologic did several years ago? You said you paid $250 for ZB back in the day. So what? Some paid only$70 for 3D Coat (v2), so it's still relevant to where 3D Coat is priced compared to ZB. There have literally been over a thousand improvements/fixes since most of us have last paid anything...and you somehow feel cheated over a small upgrade fee? :blink:

• Advanced Member

Since you bought the upgrade from V2 to V3 five years ago you surely cant expect v4 to be free after all this time!

The only people getting free V4 are those that bought probably within the last 2 months.

Sorry but I dont get your post.

• Contributor

Aw, him's feelin's is hurt. This is not a flame as he has virtually promised not to be back.

oops. So if I already went through the purchase and only put one serial in - how can I pay the additional $10 and get the other one?

just put second afterwards. You will be charged 15$ (instead of 10 due to extra processing)

Oh, ok. Just asking. So major changes will get changelog posted somwhere?

I will post major changes there.

• Advanced Member

Payment now processed!!

I'm sorry, but for $84, I can't understand how anyone can groan or moan about the price. Look at the differences between the first release of V3 and the current V4, not to mention you get to use live beta versions between full licence releases.

Thanks Andrew and the team for this excellent piece of software.

Ricky.

hello! Congrats on the new release, looks awesome!

I have a problem: I own a licence of 3dcoat on steam, which I bought during the "free update to v4" period. Today when I opened steam it automatically updated 3dcoat to v4 but now when I open 3dcoat it tells me that my copy is not registered and I can chose between 2 options: run the trial or buy a licence... what should I do? When I start the program it shows my key, but then all the time it starts it always give me the same message.

Thanks in advance! :)

Edited by Bernardo

hello! Congrats on the new release, looks awesome!

I have a problem: I own a licence of 3dcoat on steam, which I bought during the "free update to v4" period. Today when I opened steam it automatically updated 3dcoat to v4 but now when I open 3dcoat it tells me that my copy is not registered and I can chose between 2 options: run the trial or buy a licence... what should I do? When I start the program it shows my key, but then all the time it starts it always give me the same message.

Thanks in advance! :)

Please send me to support@3d-coat.com your key. You may press RMB over 3D-Coat and extract key. Of course upg should be free for you.

• Advanced Member

I recently purchased software from a company in St. Petersburg, Russia using PayPal. No problems.

I'm sure it would be worth the effort if this was made an option.

• Reputable Contributor

I recently purchased software from a company in St. Petersburg, Russia using PayPal. No problems.

I'm sure it would be worth the effort if this was made an option.

That doesn't mean Pilgway can receive funds from PayPal in Ukraine. Try this link and see if you can find Ukraine among the list, of countries you can send money (internationally) to.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=sLD9NTmOYRWPgTkLQcfPlnzdfTqrfux1JK9eAsIKpoL08mH1Pq5cgtEdTLi&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8d14f86393d55a810282b64afed84968ec