3DCoat Forums

Links on the first page updated.

Minor changes:

- Missed camera shortcut hotkeys bug fixed

- AutoUV improved to provide better quality and to improve quadrangulation result

- ImportUV fixed - there was bug if multilple layers was colored - all layers but current was getting dark spots at seams

- I have made possibility to get back left panel with just one click if it was hidden before

- Japanese and French translations updated

- OSX 10.4 on Intel macs is now supported

Nah.. Scroll down a little in the first post, there are new links.

Oh He said the links were updated, not new links were added. :p Should probably update the official download link too, for the new people who don't see this thread.

Oh He said the links were updated, not new links were added. :P Should probably update the official download link too, for the new people who don't see this thread.

Can we still purchase 3D Coat 3 while Andrew is on vacation?

• Reputable Contributor
Of course, all our staff but me is working.

Sales manager, webmaster, PR...

Hey Andrew, can you have your webmaster add an image of both the CUDA logo and a 3D Connexion Space Pilot or Exlorer, among the images that are cycling through the features on your mainpage? Those are two major selling points, that distinguish your application from the rest. You put in the hard work to make those features a reality...make sure prospective customers know it. We're trying to send as many your way as possible.

Great job once again :good:

• Advanced Member

Andrew, you should consider maybe adding some patching command when "Help > Check for update" would be clicked 3DC would update itself something like Antivirus software is doing, don't know if it's possible though,but it would so much easier to update 3DC than install > uninstall > install > uninstall > ....

If not update itself at least it should detect new version and ask if I want to download it, (with option in preferences "Check for updates every x days").With so many new and new patches update system would really handy for us .I don't to go every time and search on forum if new build is released.There are many application who use such update system.

I'm lazy and so are others, right guys ? :)

• Advanced Member
Andrew, you should consider maybe adding some patching command when "Help > Check for update" would be clicked 3DC would update itself something like Antivirus software is doing, don't know if it's possible though,but it would so much easier to update 3DC than install > uninstall > install > uninstall > ....

If not update itself at least it should detect new version and ask if I want to download it, (with option in preferences "Check for updates every x days").With so many new and new patches update system would really handy for us .I don't to go every time and search on forum if new build is released.There are many application who use such update system.

I'm lazy and so are others, right guys ? :)

lol you've been uninstalling? You never had to do that :blink:

• Advanced Member
how could I know ? :huh: Some applications can't or shouldn't be overwritten.

too true

but you know I haven't bothered to uninstall/reinstall my display drivers in over a year. I just lazily install them one over the other, and they've been working just fine which is why I initially figured I'd take a risk on 3dCoat as well - cuz- did I mention I was lazy :pardon:

how could I know ? :huh: Some applications can't or shouldn't be overwritten.

Hi Amber!

It's definitely best to uninstall the program, delete the folder that was there and then reinstalling.

Be sure to save any presets, like brushes, etc., beforehand of course! :)

I posted a thread but it must have got blocked ,maybe just not interesting enough .

I have 30 days to learn and create . "thinking cloth fx"

I reckon i can find something out and make a tut by then aswell .

nice product , now lets see what it can do .