3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.5 released!

• Advanced Member

Congratulation on the release! The presentations were great! Seeing Tinker do that ship is also very educational. How do you retopo that? Lol!

For kitbashers and hardsurface modeller this might be interesting. Quadpanels http://liberty3d.com/tag/james+plugins/ check out the demo vid maybe we can have similar in 3dcoat hint hint

great work ! I love 3D coat.

Now ... it would be even better of some of most requested features would be done :) in 3.x releases

Err, yeah, maybe a handful of them. I think bug fixes, work flow enhancements, UI clean up, organization and streamlining is more important. ;)

Either way, congrats to Andrew and the whole of Pilgway on this new release. I see bright things ahead. ;)

• Advanced Member

Err, yeah, maybe a handful of them. I think bug fixes, work flow enhancements, UI clean up, organization and streamlining is more important. ;)

There are 1000 simple feature requests which could make our life easier in 3DC - simple to program

- camera lock in paint mode

- xy,xz symmetry in voxels

- real folder browsing in materials

- faster layer switch on/off in paint mode

the list of feature request is huge and very creative and most of them are simple little things,I really hope Andrew will look into them.

There are 1000 simple feature requests which could make our life easier in 3DC - simple to program

- camera lock in paint mode

- xy,xz symmetry in voxels

- real folder browsing in materials

- faster layer switch on/off in paint mode

the list of feature request is huge and very creative and most of them are simple little things,I really hope Andrew will look into them.

I don't disagree. :) All I'm saying is: Fix what is there now, before adding new features.

• Advanced Member

Congrats on the release and many thanks, great work. :D

I don't disagree. :) All I'm saying is: Fix what is there now, before adding new features.

Yeah i agree, if you work with a program a lot even with cool features if there is bugs and GUI problems that can be a problem. I have been listing various issues i have noticed and added some today -

http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6259

I posted about them in the previous thread but that will probably get ignored now there is a new one. It lists various GUI things and suggestions also so maybe not the best forum area for it but i wanted to keep it in one thread rather than making loads of threads. Hopefully this is not off topic, but yeah +1 vote for bug fixes and GUI updates next. :)

Great update,full of very interesting features.Many compliments to you,dear Andrew.You are a great guru for us digital artists who want to use

the infinite creative process for generate Art with computer.A new age is coming...Thank you for choose an image of mine for illustrate the power of

rendering in 3D Coat!I am very happy to use your software to reach new dream visions and researches in digital Art.Compliments again!

In this version both buttons in Space Navigator does not work.

I have assigned to them SHIFT and CTRL functions but 'inverse' and 'smooth' do not work at all.

In othes programs (even in file explorer) all is ok.

The rest is just perfect. I am very glad to send BIG Congrats to Mr. Andrew and all Pilgway TEAM :)

Congratulations!

Hope You like spaceship video and greebles :)

By the way, retopo of this model is not really a problem.

Yes! And thank you Tinker for the awesome greebles and video. It is very much appreciated. :)

Yes thanks for that. But how do I get that 'model' tab you have with all the shapes in it? I've installed the extension as described, but nothing changed. Please help a thickie out :pardon:

As soon as you switch to the Merge tool the Model tab should appear. Click the little triangle in the corner of it for more sets of models including Tinker's.