3DCoat Forums

Red Giant sale

• Reputable Contributor

Just got an e-mail about some show specials from MotionMedia (one of the better and more reputable software resellers), and I noticed that they had a 25% off sale of Red Giant products. I have been eying the Trapcode Suite for a while, and it's down to about $675. That's about $225 cheaper than on Red Giant's own website. Just thought I'd pass it along, in case anyone else, here, might be similarly interested. The deadline for the sale is October 8

http://www.motionmedia.com/Red-Giant-Red-Giant-Trapcode-Suite-s/1167.htm

http://www.motionmedia.com/Red-Giant-Trapcode-Suite-and-Components-s/270.htm

Red Giant's Trapcode Suite Page:

http://www.redgiant.com/products/all/trapcode-suite/

• Like 2

• Advanced Member

If you're not in a hurry, sometimes in Nov, Red Giant offers 40% off all their stuff, they did the last few years - obviously I can't predict the future, so this is a good deal too, and I'd grab it now if you need it.  Though I've been getting emails from them directly for a few years and at least twice hit them up during their 40% off sales.  If I recall correctly, it was around black friday maybe?  Often in April too they have a big sale.  Good software for AE!

Nice of you to share here - maybe we should all make a thread for Sales and promo codes to share with each other - I always check Twitter & retailmenot.com for promo codes before I buy anything online, and often get at least shipping free.  But you tend to miss those one-off blog coupons or someone at some event...

• Reputable Contributor

If you're not in a hurry, sometimes in Nov, Red Giant offers 40% off all their stuff, they did the last few years - obviously I can't predict the future, so this is a good deal too, and I'd grab it now if you need it.  Though I've been getting emails from them directly for a few years and at least twice hit them up during their 40% off sales.  If I recall correctly, it was around black friday maybe?  Often in April too they have a big sale.  Good software for AE!

Nice of you to share here - maybe we should all make a thread for Sales and promo codes to share with each other - I always check Twitter & retailmenot.com for promo codes before I buy anything online, and often get at least shipping free.  But you tend to miss those one-off blog coupons or someone at some event...

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep an eye out for it, then. I do seem to recall Red Giant having a big sale, but I don't know if the Trapcode Suite came down to where it is now (to $899) or what. Because, they do show on their website that the current $899 is hundreds off the normal price. Might be them saying that it's cheaper to buy the suite than the plugins separately. It's never been an urgent need for me, as I can do the particle stuff in 3ds Max, but obviously it's more efficient doing some of the those things in Particular.

I wonder how TurbulenceFD for AE works. Have you ever tried it?

• Advanced Member

Unfortunately, no, I haven't tried Turbulence yet - mostly because I've been pretty happy with Particular. There are some great tutorials to do nice enough fire/smoke out there for it, and I've had a lot of luck with it without spending too much time fiddling or fighting to get what effect I want like I do with most other plugins. Personally, I suggest the whole suite if you have a project that needs even more than one of them, as Starglow, Shine, & Stroke are "go-to" staples. and of course my favorite is Sound Keys, because I like to drive animations from music or speech - it often feels more organic that way.

Dunno about the new pricing they have up there, I think I'm on v11.x and should probably upgrade to 12, but I've got nothing presently needing it, so I'll likely take the risk and see if something bigger happens around Black Friday or Xmas... But don't get me wrong, the 20% deal is a decent one, I've just seen them give bigger ones occasionally though.

Edited by popwfx

• 1 month later...
  • Reputable Contributor

Hey AbnRanger,

That Red Giant 40% sale off everything is coming dec 9th

http://www.redgiant.com/blog/2014/11/26/sale-our-40-off-sale-is-coming-dec-9/

Looks like the Trapcode Suite is $540 then...

Thanks for the heads up. I hope that's what it costs. It's a bit confusing on their site because they have like 3 different costs on there. On the right side they have $899...off from retail over $1k. Then on the left side, you see buy now for $749 (I think). So, who knows which of those 3 the 40% is off of. :)

• Advanced Member

Thanks for the heads up. I hope that's what it costs. It's a bit confusing on their site because they have like 3 different costs on there. On the right side they have $899...off from retail over $1k. Then on the left side, you see buy now for $749 (I think). So, who knows which of those 3 the 40% is off of. :)

The link I put says specifically:

• Trapcode Suite: Usually $899. Get it on sale for just $540
  • Color Suite: Usually $599. Get it on sale for just $360
  • PluralEyes: Usually $199. Get it on sale for just $120
  • Universe Annual: Usually $99. Get it on sale for just $60

:)

Edited by popwfx

• Reputable Contributor

The link I put says specifically:

• Trapcode Suite: Usually $899. Get it on sale for just $540
  • Color Suite: Usually $599. Get it on sale for just $360
  • PluralEyes: Usually $199. Get it on sale for just $120
  • Universe Annual: Usually $99. Get it on sale for just $60

:)

Oh, yeah. I didn't read all the way down the page. I just saw the 40% in the video and jumped over to the store to see what that would amount to. Now that Fusion is largely free and has a robust 3D particle system of it's own, I've been debating whether or not I really need the Trapcode suite. I'd mostly use only Trapcode Particular....maybe Shine once in a while. Thinking I might be able to do both of those tasks in Fusion...and just put that money somewhere else...like some of the Video Copilot stuff or Nodes2.

http://www.yanobox.com/Nodes/

• Like 1