3DCoat Forums

Spacedraw 3D modeling for Android

While working on some other scenes, I began to screen record some video tutorials of Spacedraw. Quality is very average because my device is only an S3 Mini, but it'll be a good kick start for those who'd like to learn how to quick model on Spacedraw. A simple search on YouTube for "spacedraw" should do the trick.

Only two there I put this morning. More to come during the week.

I highly recommend watching these videos, especially the cupcake tutorial, - to see how you can work with Spacedraw when you've mastered it, on 4" Smartphone!

- learning from them may require much attention since they are quite fast and without explanation.

Get them here

Version 1.2 out with many new view-navigation features

- undo/redo view: analogous to normal undo; there's also a view-history-list

- view-panel: lets you save and load custom views (with previews)

- frame selected / frame all: tap the view-zone with 2 / 3 fingers

- the "perspective distortion" can be adjusted

Further, many fixes and improvements for selection and undo.

A thread dedicated to WIP done with Spacedraw has been established at the CGHub forums here - you are encouraged to post your art there!

Also, there is now a thread to ask for help, exchange advice, and get support from Scalisof here

distss.jpg

dist2ss.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Wolkswagen Beetle 1965. Since Scalisoft added an orthographic view, those kind of modelings done by following designs and blueprints are now feasible ;) WIP.

Spacedraw%20WIP%20Test23.jpg

Spacedraw-23-SWCorridor02

Geometry is really simple. Interesting thing is the false effect that slowly drown the scene into a bright light. This is the very first scene that I unwrap manually from Spacedraw's viewport. Textures are made in PSTouch.

Spacedraw%2023-SWCorridor02.jpg

Spacedraw-24-Graveyard

I have a quiet precise idea of what this scene'll look like at the end. Problem is that I wanted a lot of grass, bushes, vegetation. But Scalisoft explained me by mail that the few issues I had with alphas were due to the fact that Spacedraw runs in OpenGL 1. Major issue being when I cross two faces with transparency. I will finish it for sure. But I'm focusing more for the moment on scenes that I know Spacedraw can handle fine.

I abandoned PSTouch for the textures, the stylus sensitivity sucks and the brushes are too limited. I now use Artflow, really amazing drawing app. I still use PSTouch though : to clean and organise the unwrapped elements.

Spacedraw%2024-Graveyard.jpg

Spacedraw-25-BlueStorm

Another test of character. I paused it for the moment. I just begin to fully comprehend the logic behind PC unwrappers, but manually unwrapping a face (visage) or any soft bodies without pelt and relax and avoiding stretches is really tricky. I might come back on this one later.

Spacedraw%2025-BlueStorm.jpg

Spacedraw-26-TowerDefense

Cute little tower more than inspired from Mark Henriksen designs. This kind of mesh is easy to unwrap manually. I learned a lot doing it nevertheless. Spacedraw can definitely help a graphist on the move to model ready-to-use 3D meshes. Great Android app :) Probably the one and only professional tool on this still young Operating System.

Spacedraw%2026-TowerDefense.jpg

Spacedraw-27-ChairTutorial

Some people asked me, quote : "how the badword do you manually unwrap Oo ? ". Well this simple chair will be the answer. I'll publish here and probably on Scalisoft's website a .doc tutorial explaining the logic and process. I also have 2.6Gb of raw video recording that I'll compile and publish on Youtube as soon as I can access a computer (probably not before march 2015, end of my staying in this heavily jammed area).

Spacedraw%2027-ChairTutorial.jpg

Scene available for Download here :

http://mcassar.free.fr/spacedraw/LowJpg/27-Chair Tutorial.zip

Spacedraw-28-Shadogun.

Modeling / Unwrapping / UVs editing : Spacedraw for Android.

Painting, cleaning, organising : Artflow / PSTouch

As always, those are just screenshots from Spacedraw's viewport.

Spacedraw%2028-ShadowGun.jpgSpacedraw%2028-ShadowGun(map).jpg

My Note3 GPU is dead... Screenshots here of the Robot I did a while ago. But painted this time. Only head and shield are quiet advanced, the rest ... well whenever I'll be able to work again :/

And a new racing track scene that I just had time to begin...

19-Robot-v.35WIP.jpg

29-Ecyart-v.9WIP.jpg

Manual unwrapping sure works fine and definitely gives an idea of how professional unwrapping tools work. This method is pure "artisanal" unwrapping and can be done in any 3D soft with wire editing tools and planar mapping.

Just to give you an idea :

Spacedraw%20Unwrap.jpg

Edited by hansolocambo@gmail.com

Spacedraw test30 : AntiairGun

Spacedraw%2030-AntiAirGun.jpg

Turntable of the Anti-Air Gun. Made with :

- 5° rotations screenshots from Spacedraw's viewport.

- Bulk Renamer to organize screenshots.

- Gif Creator to compile them.

Uploaded using Solid Explorer, THE solution to FTP uploads issues on Android. This file manager is better than any FTP client and by far the best file manager, as far as I'm concerned.

Spacedraw-30-turntable.gif

It's so hard to use accurate with touch

Hi Speider. In fact, you have loads of ways to select and can move a cursor around like you'd do with a mouse. As long as you work in xray to edit at vertex/edge/face level, selections are really precise.

And check the settings (yellow thin line on the right of the screen. Just slide on it right to left), litteraly everything in the interface and the viewport can be resized, thickened, etc. To fit your thumbs and your screen. I worked scenes 01-22 on a tiny S3 Mini. And scenes 23-30 on a Note3 with digital painted textures using Artflow. Small or big resolution just work fine after personalization of the UI.

I give you here my config for the Note3.

http://www.scalisoft.com/hsc/jpgonline/hansolocamboNote3.spse

Just save this file. And load it from the config panel.

Spacedraw-prefs-Note3.jpg

From the "F" menu on the left you can access the manual. Hope you'll find your way through. First steps, like with any new 3D app, are kinda hard. But when you get used to it it's all pretty good for a phone app ^^

• 1 year later...
On 8/1/2015 at 10:33 PM, Michaelgdrs said:

Wow give the man a medal right now.

Lol :) I've been sweating a LOT to get the best out of Spacedraw and produce, for the challenge, scenes only made on a smartphone, from modeling, to unwrapping and painting.

So thanks :) It was a lot of struggle, especially to unwrap without any tool to do so !

On 8/1/2015 at 4:52 AM, Speider said:

It's so hard to use accurate with touch

Nope it isn't. I did most of my scenes on a shitty tiny S3 Miny and it was all good. Then I continued on a way more comfortable Note 3 and all was fine too. Just go in settings and change the parameters there (Text size, and so on). You can get a damn precise experience modeling with Spacedraw. Whatever you like, 2 thumbs, two indexes, portrait or landscape mode, it works just fine as long as you spend a moment (a few sec really...) configuring the display that'll fit your screen and fingers.